Sport-touring 2k8 Hayabusa almost complete!

jphilipson

Registered
Almost done and ready to start putting some big miles on this bike. No side bags as I like to keep a sleek profile. I the process of fabricating an auxiliary fuel tank that will mount to the SWMotech rack over the rear seat for rally riding.

Mods:
Corbin Seat
1 Inch Soupys bar risers
MRA Vario Touring Screen
SWMotech Tail Rack w/ Givi adapter
Give Monokey 460 Liter bag
Yoshimura TRC Full 4-2-1 system w/ carbon-fiber can
Power Commander III
Dyno Tuned

Sport Mode:

100_0469.JPG

Touring Mode:

100_0470.JPG

I luv those Givi bags. I used to commute with those in all kinds of weather and never had any problem with it. They're pretty darn heavy when you fully load them. If you add even more weight to the back with an aux. gas tank you may want to adjust the suspension a bit. Looks good.:thumbsup:

I luv those Givi bags. I used to commute with those in all kinds of weather and never had any problem with it. They're pretty darn heavy when you fully load them. If you add even more weight to the back with an aux. gas tank you may want to adjust the suspension a bit. Looks good.:thumbsup:

I'll be running about 5 gallons of extra fuel, that = @ 30 Lbs (gas is 6.25 Lbs per gallon) plus the weight of the aluminum tank, so about 35 Lbs. The givi will never have more than 15-20 when touring, just clothes etc. So 55 additional Lbs tops.

i'd like to do something like that with mine, but my wife and i riding 2 up with luggage is too much weight. guess we've both got to go on a diet if we're going on a long ride.

i'd like to do something like that with mine, but my wife and i riding 2 up with luggage is too much weight. guess we've both got to go on a diet if we're going on a long ride.

Yeah, 2 up is pushing the limit on the Busa with two average size adults. With my g/f and a few Lbs of luggage we just make it under the limit..

Almost done and ready to start putting some big miles on this bike. No side bags as I like to keep a sleek profile. I the process of fabricating an auxiliary fuel tank that will mount to the SWMotech rack over the rear seat for rally riding.

Is that safe ??? I don't know anything about rally or in what area you ride just wondering..

The thing I REALLY-LIKE about that bag is you can wire in the brake light option.......now that's a brake light !!! The more light the better......

Is that safe ??? I don't know anything about rally or in what area you ride just wondering..

If done properly it is just as safe as your stock tank. You need to make sure the tank is impact resistant, properly grounded, and has a proper overflow/vent as well (which is routed on the side of the bike opposite your exhaust). So a custom fab steel or aluminum tank, or racing cell like Jegs etc will be fine.

Mods:
Corbin Seat
1 Inch Soupys bar risers
MRA Vario Touring Screen
SWMotech Tail Rack w/ Givi adapter
Give Monokey 460 Liter bag
Yoshimura TRC Full 4-2-1 system w/ carbon-fiber can
Power Commander III
Dyno Tuned

Sport Mode:

100_0469.JPG

Touring Mode:

100_0470.JPG

Very nice, are you going to use the stock footpegs ?

Back