Please advise: Busa for sport touring

douglasjre

Registered
Hi there! I am seriously considering a Hayabusa for sport touring. It would compliment/replace my current Kawasaki Concours, 115hp 600lb behemoth sport touring ride.

Background:
I ride 40,000 miles/yr, much of which is long distance, NY to VA, FL to OH, etc. My point: I'm safe and not reckless.

My needs:

Behemoth hard bags, side and trunk, that can package the equivalent of 4 full face helmets or better, and be watertight. Givi, my favorite www.giviusa.com does not offer bags for the Busa like it does for my Concours.

Severely oversized windshield.

Baker Air wings or the like to extend wind/rain protection for my legs (I have a 36â€￾ inseam and am 6’4â€￾ tall, 215lb.)

Footpeg lowering kit. I’m tall, real tall. With size 13 shoes. And I like to ride 400-500 mile days with coffee stops.

Bar risers. I want at least another 4 inches in height or better.

Lifespan statistics: How many miles will it last? Cause I ride year round and blast the throttle often…quite often.

I have thought long and hard about the world class Hayabusa, and wish to adapt it to my somewhat unusual purposes.

<!--EDIT|douglasjre
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101100699 -->

You would probly want Heli-Bar risers, Zero Gravity tour Screen, LP lowering pegs...

Corbin's beatle bags although nice shape wouldnt be big enough for what you want, you might try www.RKA-Luggage.com and check www.Pashnit.com that guy tours his Busa all over.

As for miles I think you will be happy with the reliability, but you may be changing tires alot more than the Concourse. Just change oil frequently and dont red line all the time. Sweet ride
thumbs-up.gif

..you will love every minute of it!..
smile.gif
the busa is a SPORT-touring bike..

try nelson riggs for saddle-bags (with titanium heat protection underneath..)

zero gravity or mra double bubble windscreen

I wouldn't mess with helibars..

oil changes around ~2.000 miles. NO EXCEPTIONS!

tires: if you ride like you broke loose from hell, 4-5k is MORE than you should be expecting..
sad.gif
BUT, if you ride smooooth most of the time you should be looking 6-8k eaaasy..

I use my 'busa for sport touring as well. My mods to taylor the bike to that missions are:

Zero Gravity Double Bubble wind screen
Heli Bards + 3/4" GenMar risers
Pro Tek slash cut pegs to replace stoch units (opens up seat-to-peg distance)
Sylvania SilverStar low beam for better night-time lighting
Extra 12-volt horn mounted next to stock horn
TRE for better driveability in lower gears
RKA soft luggae transplanted from my VFR
SpeedoHealer
Throttle Rocker

I plan to get a Tobin seat over the winter.

I have a number of other mods as well, but these are the ones related to sport touring.

Back