Sponsor/Org Help (I'm a Newb to buying)

gabusa

Donating Member
Registered
Next week my bike will end its long travels from Germany. I need to purchase the following so I can take it to the maintenance shop myself for installation. The issue is I have never bought any of this stuff myself so I need assistance on the product to buy and I would like to buy it all from one sponsor at one time.

chain and sprocket
brake pads and rotors (rear brakes squeaking on last ride)
oil filter
spark plugs

I'm da guy that loves group rides but I ride in the back to make sure everyone else stays safe in front.

Don't mean to be offensive, but with 700+ posts and being here since april of 05, shouldn't you know how or where to buy what all you need? Im a little lost here sorry. But hey sponsors, and ebay is a great way to start.

If you have just the slightest mechanical ability you could buy a rearstand and the few handtools you need to do all mentioned above for less than any dealer will charge you for all. You can download the manual here free too, and I be willing to bet there's someone close by to help you out if you need it.

There are several sponsors on here that can get the majority of the things that you are looking for. Just go to the top of the page and click on the sponsors section. There you will find all the sponsors for the .org.

I would hit up StreetnTrack or CloudNine for the hard parts....plugs, oil and filter get locally.

Suzuki oil is good if you use dino oil
Mobil 1 Racing 4T is good if you use synthetic .....both 10w-40
Oil Filter get either stock or Wix 51359 or Purolator ML16818
Plugs.... NGK CR9EK

The plugs, oil, and filter you can get locally. I would spend the extra cash to get at least the rear stand and you will be able to do all the work. You will save tons of cash even with having to buy the rear stand.

Thanks and for just to explain why I don't know the process yet. I bought the bike in 2005 and over the past 5 years I have spent three of them in Iraq and Afghanistan so when I came off deployments had no reason to buy new stuff because it wasn't a concern, I just took the bike to the dealership and paid up the dough. Now I want to get mechanically inclined with my bike as alot of folks on the Org have. I already have front/rear stands that I store my bike on to save the tires. Thanks for all the info.

Back