spinning wheels

Yeah I've seen those...but I got a question. Does anyone know if they are high performance or basically just for bling bling purposes?

I would luv to floss wit dem on my gal... But worried about 240hp+ rippin that rim apart.

Anyone here know a balla pimpin'em on a ride?

That's exactly what I've been lookin' for... Spinnahs for the busa! As soon as my busa is paid off I will have a set of the Dynasty series.  
wink.gif
I posted a while back asking if anybody knew where to get them. I saw them on a busa in the video for the song Ridin' Spinners. In fact, I think it was the same white busa with FUBU on the side from the rim site.

Hmmm. Can you imagine how long they'd keep spinnin' after a quick stop from around 150?

super.gif

I have a friend that sells them, I'll ask but I believe there are mostly for bling bling purposes

They look very nice, however I do not think I would want to go even 150mph on them.

I think this is scary. Aren't motorcycles more sensitive to gyroscopic movements in the wheels, making turns unpredictable? Maybe not enough to matter but darn.

These wheels make me wonder what high speed cornering might be like.........or just high speed in a straight line?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
??:rock:

rock.gif

WOW, Gotta Get some of these, Man these are the coolest wheels EVER!!!

NOT, Man if all you want to do is pose go for it, personally I think I would rather ride. These have got to be just about the silliest things I have ever seen.

Reminds me of little kids with playing cards in the spokes...wait...I bet that will be coming next...

Blah...always one hater...

You know if they made a high performance spinner you'd be all over them!!

I know I would...

I know I would...
It allways comes down to "Hatin"...

B.S. it comes down to some folks want to ride, some want to pose. It's OK I guess but seriously, if you really want to ride why would you put some heavy overpriced bling on your bike instead of some Lightweight OZ , or Dymag wheels. Something that would actually help, not mess up your rides handling.

Everyone has their own sense of style for sure, but when "Style" takes on a more important role than function, I just find it plain ole' silly.

To Each his own for sure...but it has nothing to do with "Hatin"

Not to mention that big azz price tag!! For six grand I can find a lot of things to do with my Busa than just spinnin'.... Granted they do look cool as hell, as long as there on someone else's bike.
jump9.gif

Ok the spinners are built by a couple different makers ranging from $3-7k. Mostly for posing, but he said they are "suppose" to be solid enough to do mid triple figures but he wouldn't suggest it because too much can go wrong based onthe way the spinners are attached to the wheel. Also that the spinners create a solid wheel dynamic that makes the front wheel harder to control at speed, and on windy days. Bottom line he sells them, but since he races he would never have them on his bike. However they are highly recommended for "posers" and if you want a pair he can probably get you a good deal on a set.

IMHO showbike bling that looks cool as heck, but based onthe degradation of control and stability, it may not be a good match for the world's fastest production motorcycle if you gonna run it like it needs to be run. My .02

Guys, guys...

Leave the spinners for cruising on 4 wheels!  Not 2...they might have certain appeal, but if you're going to fully enjoy your high performance machine, don't modify something like stability and control on your Busa...

Eye catchers for sure...but isn't the Busa already an eye catcher?!
eyes.gif

I know I would...

B.S. it comes down to some folks want to ride, some want to pose.  It's OK I guess but seriously, if you really want to ride why would you put some heavy overpriced bling on your bike instead of some Lightweight OZ , or Dymag wheels.  Something that would actually help, not mess up your rides handling.

Everyone has their own sense of style for sure, but when "Style" takes on a more important role than function, I just find it plain ole' silly.  

I can't say i agree with this line of thinking. It sugests that you have to make a choice between being a "rider" and a poser. Why can't you do both. I have put a lot poser stuff on my bike like chrome and speakers, yet I think I put 2500 or 3,000 miles on it in a couple of weeeks, and had plans to put another 2,000 on it next week, but that will probably be cancelled. I ride it fast, and I am getting pretty decent in the twisties. you can ride and look good at the same time!

Purhaps Rev wanted to say that you have to chose between being a serious racer-type rider, or an average rider/poser. The racer would be concerned with every ounce and every drop of HP. If you are drag racing, or putting your bike on the track, then of course you have a different philosophy. But I maintain that you CAN be a rider and poser at the sametime. There is a lot of middle ground there.

Ok the spinners are built by a couple different makers ranging from $3-7k. Mostly for posing, but he said they are "suppose" to be solid enough to do mid triple figures but he wouldn't suggest it because too much can go wrong based onthe way the spinners are attached to the wheel. Also that the spinners create a solid wheel dynamic that makes the front wheel harder to control at speed, and on windy days. Bottom line he sells them, but since he races he would never have them on his bike. However they are highly recommended for "posers" and if you want a pair he can probably get you a good deal on a set.

IMHO showbike bling that looks cool as heck, but based onthe degradation of control and stability, it may not be a good match for the world's fastest production motorcycle if you gonna run it like it needs to be run. My .02 [/QUOTE]

Nice analysis...makes me think twice about the wheels. I ride hard enough to find this a little scary.

Its a free country so if you like 'em , get 'em. I personally don't like spinners - on bike or cage. I just think the're ugly. Not my thing. But hey, if it gets your rocks off, go for it.

I know I would...

B.S. it comes down to some folks want to ride, some want to pose.  It's OK I guess but seriously, if you really want to ride why would you put some heavy overpriced bling on your bike instead of some Lightweight OZ , or Dymag wheels.  Something that would actually help, not mess up your rides handling.

I can't say i agree with this line of thinking. It sugests that you have to make a choice between being a "rider" and a poser. Why can't you do both. I have put a lot poser stuff on my bike like chrome and speakers, yet I think I put 2500 or 3,000 miles on it in a couple of weeeks, and had plans to put another 2,000 on it next week, but that will probably be cancelled. I ride it fast, and I am getting pretty decent in the twisties. you can ride and look good at the same time!

Purhaps Rev wanted to say that you have to chose between being a serious racer-type rider, or an average rider/poser. The racer would be concerned with every ounce and every drop of HP. If you are drag racing, or putting your bike on the track, then of course you have a different philosophy. But I maintain that you CAN be a rider and poser at the sametime. There is a lot of middle ground there.

IMHO showbike bling that looks cool as heck, but based onthe degradation of control and stability, it may not be a good match for the world's fastest production motorcycle if you gonna run it like it needs to be run. My .02

Nice analysis...makes me think twice about the wheels. I ride hard enough to find this a little scary.[/QUOTE]
HA HA, Thinker your KIllIn Me Bro.  When I wrote this you know who I almost used as a prime example of the point you just offered up?  YOU.  I didn't invoke the Thinker card cause I
didn't want to involve anyone, But your ride is the perfect example of what is good out there in the mod world.  It's a heavily modified bike that hasn't had anything done to it that would negatively effect performance or safety.  This is really my point.  Knock yourselves out tricking out your ride, but please do not degrade it via Modifications.  LoBusa, MSF, Sleeper, SWAN, etc. are other good examples.  Modified, schweet lookin rides that still work as well or BETTER than stock, good stuff.

One caveat though, if you are trully just building a ride for "SHOW", for slow slipping down the BLVD, then the rules change, game on you know... hey Spinners, Ape Hanger Bars, and Highway Pegs could look cool then!!!
laugh.gif

What I was trying to get out was that it's cool to Mod the Ever Lovin Heck outta your ride, just keep in mind that not all the mods made are going to have a positive impact on the bikes abilities.  Spinner wheels, Riding way Low, polished metal footpegs, single front disk, metal grips, etc. while they may look cool they negatively impact performance and they may decrease the riders ability to safely control their ride, especially in an emergancy.  

But then again...I cringe when I see 24s on a Hummer as well...So maybe my bottom line, NO BS point is... Mods are cool so long as they do not have a negative effect on the original design and intent of the thing.  Case and point, I love this nice set of 20" spinners on an S500 Benz running round Tampa...Looks cool, does no real harm...Go figure...

Gettin down
soapbox.gif

Back