Speedo error

Yup next time I ride I'll mount the GPS and check it. Have a speedohealer on my Gen 2 and it sure is nice to have an accurate speedo. You would think with the Gen 3's cruise control and speed limiter Suzuki would ensure accuracy but we all know how that goes.

We need to verify this so we can get with Heal tech and get a speedo healer.

I just checked and they do not offer that for this bike. At least not on the options page.
It's not bad checking the speedo against GPS up to about 90 mph but faster than that, you need a lot of straight road. You must hold the speed steady for several seconds to ensure that the lag time in satellite transmission is compensated for. I think if you get the speedo accurate at 90 mph, it will be very accurate to 180 or so. Tire wear is a factor too.

Thank you. Wasn't sure if we had an issue this year with this generation or not. I checked the Heal tech website and they have nothing on their options list for this model as far as Speedo Healer is concerned.

Now they do have a bunch of other cool stuff !. :thumbsup:
+1
The have some good looking diagnostic tools.

I have a question on this guy's, the manual shows the speed sensor on the rear wheel, when I put the bike on a rear stand and put in in gear the speedo doesn't move? What am I missing here

I have a question on this guy's, the manual shows the speed sensor on the rear wheel, when I put the bike on a rear stand and put in in gear the speedo doesn't move? What am I missing here
The speed sensor is on the left side of the engine/sprocket area, at least on the gen2. if you put in gear and let the clutch out to get rear tire turning it should read MPH.

The speed sensor is on the left side of the engine/sprocket area, at least on the gen2. if you put in gear and let the clutch out to get rear tire turning it should read MPH.
That's what I'm saying, in gear... Wheel spinning, gave it a little gas and no speed.

My buddy and I both have these and set our cruise control @ 55/70/80MPH and had it checked with lidar. Our results were accurate, but both bikes were 77/78 on lidar with cruise set to 80 MPH on both passes. I couldn't go faster.

Flat road, no incline, straightaway.

Back