speedo 220 face plate?

elmostro

Donating Member
Registered
i just change my speedo 186 face plate with a 220 face plate, will that work? do i need make any adjustments?

I love the 220 gauge faces, would love to have them. Yes, you will need to figure out how far off the speedo is now, or buy a speedohealer, etc. to correct the issue. Most of us already have a 7% error, you just added more IMO

i have the speedohealer but i noticed when i turn the key the needle don't go all the way to 220 it stop like in 195 and back to 0

You'll probably never do 195 and if you do you probably won't be looking at the gauge cluster, it would be blurred anyway.

The important thing is where is the needle at 35 / 55 / 70 :whistle:

You'll probably never do 195 and if you do you probably won't be looking at the gauge cluster, it would be blurred anyway.

what you mean by where is the needle 35 /55/ 70?
the needle when ign is off is in 0 when i turn the ign on goes up to 195.

Hes saying dont worry about it on start up just be worried about it reading correct at those speeds since thats most of your riding.

I swapped my gauges out for 220 gauges off a 99 Busa, Rode with a few people and have come to the conclusion they show 10mph faster than my stock ones up to 70 mph

After that I really dont care, This way when I get pulled over and the officer asks me DO YOU KNOW HOW FAST YOU WERE GOING I can truly answer
( NOPE )

I swapped my gauges out for 220 gauges off a 99 Busa, Rode with a few people and have come to the conclusion they show 10mph faster than my stock ones up to 70 mph

After that I really dont care, This way when I get pulled over and the officer asks me DO YOU KNOW HOW FAST YOU WERE GOING I can truly answer
( NOPE )[/QUOT

I like your last line. I will remember that when i get pull over doing 185 , just order the new 220 mph in chrome dial gauges with the red KANJI . that will look sharp on my 08 Orange BUSA

08busa1.jpg

I have 220 gauges on my 07. I always go by this digital speed sign on my way home from work, it always displays the exact speed my speedo is reading up to a little into the 30's. If I go much faster than that it displays SLOW DOWN!

I have 220 gauges on my 07. I always go by this digital speed sign on my way home from work, it always displays the exact speed my speedo is reading up to a little into the 30's. If I go much faster than that it displays SLOW DOWN!

Dont you just love it when people look down and see that 220 mph gauge and say OMG

==========================================================

BUSA DASH 001.jpg

I did the same to my '01. I have a speedo healer but the one thing it can't compensate for is the internal cluster gearing. The guage now roughly has 220mph worth of travel in a little over the original 185mph space. I had it dialed in during a dyno to be pretty accurate up to 80 and after that I'm pretty much looking at a ticket so I didn't worry about it.

Shame teh bike wont do 220 sigh

now that all depends how bad you want it too, for me mine will do 220 plus. a few minor tweaks here and there plus about 10k more in the bike i can safely say yes i can bury the 220 spedo.

Back