Speed TV

Thanks for the reply's guyz. I was waiting for someone to say something about Texas Hardtails... Josh?  
rock.gif
 ( Joker )
After seeing shows like that, who would buy their products?? It's like the Boyd Coddington show on the Discovery Channel. Who the hell would buy a car, for HUGE money, built by a bunch of monkeys like that???

They all seem to be shooting for that MTV mindset.

Thanks for the reply's guyz. I was waiting for someone to say something about Texas Hardtails... Josh?  
rock.gif
 ( Joker )
After seeing shows like that, who would buy their products??  It's like the Boyd Coddington show on the Discovery Channel. Who the hell would buy a car, for HUGE money,  built by a bunch of monkeys like that???  

They all seem to be shooting for that MTV mindset.
That is so true...I don't know if I'd want to spend all that $$$ on a car that was created during the "soap opera of the week"
laugh.gif
But, people like blowing cash on a name...

Getting kind of sick of seeing all of the OCC stuff everywhere too...
rock.gif

rock.gif

Don't get me wrong.. I think nascar is getting out of hand really.. and I wish speed would take a step back and come back to it's original programming.. but I don't understand the Nascar bashers.
It's fustration, it's the only racing on TV 3/4 of the time, a lot of commercials radio/TV based on NASCAR drivers/cars to promote everything from Pepsi to a hamburger. Magazines are carrying NASCAR advertisements. Everywhere I look there are hats, shirts, bumper stickers, etc... you can't escape NASCAR these days.
Brother in Law and Sister are into NASCAR and tried to drag the rest of us in. Went over to the house for a race party and it was worse than some of those door to door religious type individuals trying to sell me on their beliefs. It was like if you aren't into NASCAR, you should be cause its the best and only racing out there. I disagree totally.
Don't get me wrong, I like to sit and watch the races every once in a while, especially when they are a tight track (by the way, love to watch the racing at Bristol), nice close racing. But after a while it just fustrates me to see NASCAR everytime I turn around.
So, NASCAR bashing.... well I call it venting fustration on something that is being rammed down my throat.
Sorry, just my opinion....

Yeah, they had 5 hours of NASCAR on NBC on the weekend, showing two different races on Saturday, I believe. I do watch it on occasion just to see some crashes, but NASCAR all the time is a bit much.

When you can go to a Pet store and find Harley Davidson dog leashes and NASCAR Lay's potato chips in the stores, it's over saturation.

no doubts.. i'm not disagreeing thats it's out of control.. I just think you've got your idea of what type of person watches nascar out of whack a little..

the way I see it.. if your an american business and you want to promote you bidness... which one ya go with? Nascar,,, or any other race series.?

easy question.

Just for the heck of it.. Who is here.. without googling it.. knows what Rossi's sponsor.. "Gauloises" is, does, or sells...

no cheating..

I googled, and I know... but I had no clue till I did that.

I was thinkin the same thing for the past few weeks about NASCAR.tv. I don't care how many fans they have or how few GP fans there are. They should look at OLN for example and how 1 little skinny guy from Texas changed their whole broadcasting style with a bicycle. My hats off to OLN for supporting the Lone Texan and my Tv's off to Speed Channel.

no doubts.. i'm not disagreeing thats it's out of control.. I just think you've got your idea of what type of person watches nascar out of whack a little..
I most definitely do, I had just finished watching "Blue Collar Comedy" when I posted. I mean I look at the crowd my Brother in Law hangs with and all the races they go to and well at $400 a seat plus airfare... they are designer torn jeans and Tshirts...
tounge.gif

I just think you've got your idea of what type of person watches nascar out of whack a little..
maybe, but that's the way broadcast marketing depts. think. I deal with them everyday.....

Nicky Hayden is the best hope for a broader US interest - young, has sex appeal (wasn't he voted one of the top most eligible bachelors?) and excels in a dangerous sport, and most importantly, he's American. If he should start winning some races, that's a Hollywood marketing wet dream.

Just wish Speed would figure out what they want to do; either turn AMA, BSB, Moto GP et.al. into a programming package to sell + promote right, or give it to someone who will...

Back