Speed-o-healer?

manatrader

Donating Member
Registered
Okay I intalled the speed-o-healer a few months back and every thing appeared to be just fine, speed indication is dead on tested it with the GPS and the match.
Just went on a long trip with a few friend and when we stopped I had fewer miles on my odomoter than they did and fewer than on the GPS. My odomoter would be about 10 miles off and over this long trip I was almost 200 miles off. Anyone else notice this with the speed o healer? I emailed them directly and have not heard back yet.

yes it is right.
the pick up that sends the speed and the miles is the same. there is information on speedohealer.com. you can get the right speed or the right mileage not both. i use the gps for the miles.

I'm not exactly sure why, but you can't have both speedo and odo dead on. That's why the speedohealer calculator has a way to optimize for either.

What's your correction factor?

The reading source for milleage and speed is the same. It is accurate for the odometer and inaccurate (on purpose) for the speedometer.

Therefore, if you use the Speedohealer to correct the speedometer reading, you will inflict an inaccuracy to the odometer.

If you correct the speed by -7.5% let's say, then your odometer reading will be also -7.5%.

Think of it this way, you'll have less milleage on your bike when you sell it!!!

The reading source for milleage and speed is the same. It is accurate for the odometer and inaccurate (on purpose) for the speedometer.

Therefore, if you use the Speedohealer to correct the speedometer reading, you will inflict an inaccuracy to the odometer.

If you correct the speed by -7.5% let's say, then your odometer reading will be also -7.5%.

Think of it this way, you'll have less milleage on your bike when you sell it!!!
I just ordered a speedo healer..................... my odometer is off. I checked on the interstate using milemarkers and the odometer will click one mile off at about 200 to 300 feet before the next marker.
rock.gif
This means my odometer has more miles on it than the bike actually has-
mad.gif
- I was hoping the speedohealer would fix both problems (the speedo is way off too).
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

Most guys thing the GPS is dead nuts on, it is not! Your GPS measures distance from point to point in a straight line. Your bike rarely goes in a straight line. For instance, when you are going around a curve, your GPS is quite inaccurate but your speedo on the other hand measures the revolutions of your primary sprocket thus being much more accurate.

The speedo and the odometer are directly tied together. If one is correct then so is the other. I have found the best way to set up your speedo healer is not with GPS but with the mileage markers on the freeway. Adjust the speedo until your Odometer matches the mileage markers exactly over a ten mile stretch and your speedo will be dead nuts on. I have double checked this method with radar and found it to be deadly accurate and simple to aquire.

Most guys thing the GPS is dead nuts on, it is not! Your GPS measures distance from point to point in a straight line. Your bike rarely goes in a straight line. For instance, when you are going around a curve, your GPS is quite inaccurate but your speedo on the other hand measures the revolutions of your primary sprocket thus being much more accurate.

The speedo and the odometer are directly tied together. If one is correct then so is the other. I have found the best way to set up your speedo healer is not with GPS but with the mileage markers on the freeway. Adjust the speedo until your Odometer matches the mileage markers exactly over a ten mile stretch and your speedo will be dead nuts on. I have double checked this method with radar and found it to be deadly accurate and simple to aquire.
Old GPS units did, but new ones take reading almost all the time and can track down to a couple of feet making them very accurate. The one I'm using can track me turning through an intersection
Your correct it still measures speed in a straight line method, but the two points now days are only a few feet apart, not like the old ones which took readings so far apart you could travel hundreds of yards.

I think manatrader is correct. The sampling rate is much higher. Not sure what it is, although if say the GPS sampled a 1Hz, if you're doing 150mph, would the GPS be off 220 ft?

Anyone know what the sampling rates are?

Just checked sampling rate or update rate is listed as 1second/continuous.

I would stick to checking your speed with a newer gps in a section at least a couple mile long, take a few readings to note your speed, find the precentage your off and refer to the speed-o-healer chart and start adjusting.

Okay I intalled the speed-o-healer a few months back and every thing appeared to be just fine, speed indication is dead on tested it with the GPS and the match.
Just went on a long trip with a few friend and when we stopped I had fewer miles on my odomoter than they did and fewer than on the GPS. My odomoter would be about 10 miles off and over this long trip I was almost 200 miles off. Anyone else notice this with the speed o healer?  I emailed them directly and have not heard back yet.
How long was your trip?....it shouldn't be off by that much. The speedohealer online calc has an option to optomize either the speed or odo, or the best compromise of both....do the compromise....my speedo's almost dead on and my odo is just the slightest bit slow.

Just went on a long trip with a few friend and when we stopped I had fewer miles on my odomoter than they did and fewer than on the GPS. My odomoter would be about 10 miles off and over this long trip I was almost 200 miles off. Anyone else notice this with the speed o healer?  I emailed them directly and have not heard back yet.
How long was your trip?....it shouldn't be off by that much. The speedohealer online calc has an option to optomize either the speed or odo, or the best compromise of both....do the compromise....my speedo's almost dead on and my odo is just the slightest bit slow.
Trip was just under 4,000 miles, spoke with speed-o-healer folks the other day and I'm going to just live with the odomoter being off, I will just have fewer miles than the rest of you.

Back