SPEED CHIP MODULE

busa9

Registered
Would all that wants to go to e-bay and take a look at this item I found a while ago item#7977362572 speed chip module for the hayabusa!!

Anyone heard of this thing and if so does it work? Looks like it is something along the lines of a power commander type gadget.

Check out the stated H.P. gains it claims to give!!!

I was'nt thinking about buying it. My 2000 has been remapped already so I dont see the need for these type of products on my bike, but it never hurts to give a heads-up and warn anyone who might see this thing and want to buy it.

I do have a question though even though my bike has been remapped and since it is a 2000 and does'nt have restrictors on it should I still get a power commander or some type of add on unit to help in its performance? I was always under the impression that the 1999 and 2000 dont need them what the facts?
rock.gif
??

yeah youll still need a pc. the only difference between your bike and every other busa is its not restircted. it still needs to have its fuel curve changed with major mods

So after I get a pc and install it what exactly am I trying to do with it. My bike only has a full hindle (headders and pipe) on it. What other mods should I start to persue at this pont??? I know the options are many but what would be the best bang for my $$$$$ > It is scheduled next week to have a front sprocket put on and the cam tension problem fixed. I figure I will drop one in the front for now and since its only going to cost me $35 installed I cant really go wrong!!!!

DON'T DO IT!!!!! If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is!

There may have something in the box, but I wouldn't waste my money just to find out it's just a box with a pass through wiring harness.

Get a PCIIIr or a Yosh EMS 3 Cube. They do work. These have been tested and verified to improve performance on the Busa by the manufactures, and many of the board members here.

beerchug.gif

If you have an Hindle exhaust you need a PC, get it mapped correctly. Block off plates and do the air box mod. Brock Davidson or Tom Veltune might be able to sell you a pc already mapped for your exhaust. Remove the pair valve. Tom Veltune or Brock Davidson will be a big help getting all this stuff you need to get your scoot running perfect. Good luck and get-er-done.

rock.gif
Your bike's stock ECU has been remapped?
If not, get a PCIIIUSB (around $270), aftermarket aircleaner ($45), you can do the small air box mod as suggested ($FREE), Pair valve removal or reroute your choice (less than $50), Dogbones to lower/raise the rear! (less than $50) Depends on the riding you plan on doing..., Straps for the front end ($40) or riser's (up to $125) would again depend on what you plan on doing with your bike, and finally a remap on a dyno (anywhere from $150-$300 depending on the machine and location).

$$$$
Cams
Big Bore
Turbo
custom parts to shed the Busa's weight....
The list just keeps growing.

that speed chip module is a scam, it has been posted here before... opened... just a box with wires going thru it and does nothing. dont waste your money. save it for the next raffle....... full exhaust!
wink.gif
you heard it here first!!!!!

I did some reading and asking and all the above is good advice, I am partial to the PCIIIr-Yosh EMS BOX(which is now THE EMS CUBE 3) Also a note that the EMS BOX is same as a PCIIIr so thinking about it for 325.00 you get the PCIIIr and PCIIusb all in one in a Yosh EMS Box or the NOW Yosh EMS CUBE 3.

<!--EDIT|FAKK2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118020801 -->

ks-waterbug: yes the ecu was remmapped, not sure about the filter, no on the airbox mod,pair valve is done.

Bike is lowered 3 in. in rear and has a schnitz strap on the front!!!

I dont do any track riding due to the fact that there is no place to go around here only mid-ohio and they only open the track to non-pros a couple times a year, so my riding is everyday type riding. Lots of room around here to let her rip I just want the bike to run as fast as it can without going turbo or doing any major engine mods. I heard about cam and valve mods and I might make that a winter project this year. For now I do everything else I can !!!!!

Dont waste any time, call Johnny Cheese and have him map a power commander and send it to you. Good price, awsome map and performance. You wont be dissapointed.

yup scam....i bought one...and opened it. i should take a pic of it to show people..u will be laughing for weeks

Yet another scam. Like I said before, maybe I should start making these. They sure generate a lot if interest.

Back