Special thanks to WarBirdII

mr8ball

Registered
I would like to say a Special thanks to WarBirdII. (Tim) This guy is great!! He spend over an hour on the phone with me last night while i was installing my new H,I,D lights. I am new at this bike thing so i did not want to mess up anything installing my kit. A while back i had sent him an email asking about it and he told me if i needed help to feel free to call. Most people just say that and its done with but not Tim. He was a great help and i cant wait to meet him and have him as a good friend. We can never have to many of them. Anyway i got them done and here are a few pictures i took in the day time. Please if anyone needs any help doing this feel free to PM me also. I will be more then glad to assist in any way i can. I went with the DDM kit and love it. I cant wait to ride it tonight.

P9300044.jpg

P9300042.jpg

P9300043.jpg

Tim is an outstanding guy. We have met in person and I believe he is another great member here.
:beerchug: to Tim and his helpfullness

6000k hi & lo????? i'm thinking DDM also 6000k low/4500hi

Yes that is what i went with 6K for both. I also went to Advance Auto and got the Pilot 194 LED Lamp bulbs (White) to put in place of the Peanut or teardroup bulb. This really sets it off. Thanks again to Tim for all the help he has gave to all of us.

Last edited:
Yes that is what i went with 6K for both. I also went to Advance Auto and got the Pilot 194 LED Lamp bulbs (White) to put in place of the Peanut or teardroup bulb. This really sets it off. Thanks again to Tim for all the help he has gave to all of us.

how much of the fairing did you have to take apart? i was told all i needed to do w/ take the dash apart to replace the low beam......

how much of the fairing did you have to take apart? i was told all i needed to do w/ take the dash apart to replace the low beam......

You were told correct. I have helped install 2 kits on the Gen 2's and two on the Gen 1's. Install is about the same process, just a little tougher on the Gen 2 because of the way the dash goes together. If you are careful and take your time, about an hour should cover the install.

You were told correct. I have helped install 2 kits on the Gen 2's and two on the Gen 1's. Install is about the same process, just a little tougher on the Gen 2 because of the way the dash goes together. If you are careful and take your time, about an hour should cover the install.

how about for the LEDs mr8ball was talking about.

how about for the LEDs mr8ball was talking about.

I have not personally replaced those, but I dont think they would be a problem to get to. Once you remove the dash panels, the windscreen, and the gauge cluster, you have quite a bit of room in there. I know you dont need to remove the nose cone. Let me see if I can find Uncle Steves thread about replacing his.

Here is the post asking the same question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideswipe @ Jul. 16 2008, 8:55 PM
do you have to remove the nose to get em in?

no, remove the instrument cluster, work the sockets out by pulling in them. change the bulbs and push them back in until they bottom out

Back