Speaking of REDNECKS

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Ummmm, this is just too funny to not share, though I've kept it secret for an entire TWO weeks now
laugh.gif

Mike has had this great idea for a water slide for 2 years now...he's been looking for a LONG slide so he could incorporate it with the kids' playset, have 'em slide a LONG way...there's just nothing out there...

So...if a redneck takes 3 tarps and has someone sew 'em together, puts this contraption at the end of a 14' slide with a 45 degree slope, add a sprinkler at the top of the slide with water AND soap being piped in, toss in a sprinkler along side the "ride" and hand the kids some rafts, you get this:

It's about 90 feet long, 12 feet wide
ices_rofl.gif
The kids LOVE it and I'll admit, we do to...it's ugly, but it does fold up rather nicely at the end of a busy day of play...oh, and it HURTS like hell if you're over the age of 10. I've been walking around in agony since we started playing on it and Mike just went to the orthopedic doc yesterday for a jacked up right arm that he messed up on the "ride"
laugh.gif
We're not 20 anymore honey
wink.gif

Enjoy, the White Trash Water Park Ride at Michelle's house...bring the kiddies over!
laugh.gif
And feel free to point and laugh; I do it every damn day
tounge.gif

sm_wtwp.JPG

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

The engineers in the crowd will truly appreciate our "high-end stoppage engineering"
all_coholic.gif

sm_high_grade_stoppage_material.JPG

I like my jumblies to much to front slide on that thing... It must be great when you are a kid and don't have the fear of mashed bag syndrome. Very cool! Trust a redneck to outthink toys r us!
E

And the real reason we publicly embarrass ourselves time and time again...

It's all about the smiles
biggrin.gif

sm_sammy.JPG

Oh that is awesome!!! That there is some ingenuity. I wish I was a kid again I would try something like that.

laugh.gif
Sometimes the cheaper and homemade things kids play with are the ones they remember when they grow up.Looks like they will have a blast
super.gif

Awesome,
I did that once. I went first before the kids. The tarp had fiberglass in it...I was the only one who went....bad idea.
Yours looks like fun.
Brivision

(jessup @ Jun. 19 2007,11:48) I like my jumblies to much to front slide on that thing... It must be great when you are a kid and don't have the fear of mashed bag syndrome.  Very cool!  Trust a redneck to outthink toys r us!
E
We offer rafts to save your, ummm jumblies...
laugh.gif

I am particularly fond of laying on the raft on my stomach, holding the front of the raft up to prevent drag then screaming as I crash at the end of the ride before hitting a tree...
ices_rofl.gif

It's a good time!

(brivision @ Jun. 19 2007,11:51) Awesome,
I did that once. I went first before the kids. The tarp had fiberglass in it...I was the only one who went....bad idea.
Yours looks like fun.
Brivision
ices_rofl.gif
Sorry, I'm crying over that one...that had to hurt!
crazy.gif

Thankfully, our "magic tarps" seem to not be too dangerous...roots and rocks/nuts under the tarp are another story
wink.gif

(Spike @ Jun. 19 2007,11:50) Oh that is awesome!!!  That there is some ingenuity.  I wish I was a kid again I would try something like that.
Come on, don't need to be a kid to act silly! We've played on it more than the kids!
wink.gif
Don't think for a second you won't feel REAL OLD as soon as you stop, but while you're out playing on it, it's good fun!
laugh.gif

(proud dad @ Jun. 19 2007,11:50)
laugh.gif
Sometimes the cheaper and homemade things kids play with are the ones they remember when they grow up.Looks like they will have a blast
super.gif
I think my kids will remember "Wow, Mom and Dad didn't really get out much, did they?"
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Nice. I see the waterparks in Va are all nervous now...
Oh, and the smiles could be just from making it through alive !

So, where's the pics of you and Mike dragging a knee on that thing?
Well?

(PDBusa @ Jun. 19 2007,12:flamethrowing:) Nice. I see the waterparks in Va are all nervous now...
Oh, and the smiles could be just from making it through alive !

So, where's the pics of you and Mike dragging a knee on that thing?
Well?
Nervous indeed! Just wait 'til we bring in some dirt and bank that thing to the right!
laugh.gif

Ummm, no, now you're breaking up...nothing but static over here man...wha?
pirate.gif

Okay. Is your park Pay One Price admission or each ride? Are the dirtbikes and go karts included? You looking for an "older" son?
SHOCKED.gif

Back