Spacex launches Rocket......Falcon 9

Hey Bubba

I watched the webcast of the launch. Looked like everything went pretty good.

My congrats to your company

Hopefully next year, my companies bird flies just as well on its maiden voyage

Wow. I just looked this up on Wiki:

The base Falcon 9 is a two stage, LOX/RP-1 powered launch vehicle. Its first stage is powered by nine SpaceX Merlin 1C rocket engines with 125,000 lbf sea-level thrust per engine for a total thrust on liftoff of approximately 4.9 million N (1.1 million lbf).

So SpaceX made their own liquid engines. I was really expecting to see Energias or something like that. And regulating thrust among nine engines. I'm impressed.

Here's another good link for the tech-heads - http://www.spacex.com/falcon9.php

Last edited:
Wow. I just looked this up on Wiki:

The base Falcon 9 is a two stage, LOX/RP-1 powered launch vehicle. Its first stage is powered by nine SpaceX Merlin 1C rocket engines with 125,000 lbf sea-level thrust per engine for a total thrust on liftoff of approximately 4.9 million N (1.1 million lbf).

So SpaceX made their own liquid engines. I was really expecting to see Energias or something like that. And regulating thrust among nine engines. I'm impressed.

Here's another good link for the tech-heads - Space Exploration Technologies Corporation - Falcon 9

Are you in Aerospace also?

Look up the CEO - Elon Musk, he also is head of Tesla motors.

Interesting Bio on him.

Bubba

Hey Bubba

I watched the webcast of the launch. Looked like everything went pretty good.

My congrats to your company

Hopefully next year, my companies bird flies just as well on its maiden voyage

Let me know when your Co. gets close.

What is the name of your Co.?

Here is where I keep updated on launches.

Spaceflight Now

Thanks and Good luck!:beerchug:
Bubba

I remember when they tested a rocket at McGregor TX. Man you could feel that thing rattling the ground 20 miles away. :thumbsup:

I think there was some copmplainging going on after that test.:laugh:

Back