Something else new - Plug & Play Wego III

smithabusa

Site Sponsor
Registered
Wired this up for a customer with a Gen 2 Busa, made up a harness for Gen 1 Busa as well. Plugs into factory connectors everywhere to be able to log RPM, Throttle Position, wideband Air Fuel.

1607622043001.png

That's a really nice harness.

With the prices on standalones, single-purpose boxes like a Wego for $475 make less and less sense. Add in the cost of the rest of the stuff you need and you exceed the cost of a standalone.

Have you thought about making plug-and-play harnesses for standalones? I think that is a pretty good market opportunity.

I know exactly what you mean, I have a little bit, but I could see tech support being an utter nightmare
I suppose, if there is an expectation that you are an expert on the ECU. Right now a plug-n-play harness for a MaxxEcu Sport is north of $600 though. A base map for a few applications could net some good sales. Nice thing about plug-n-play is that it doesn't have to do more than the stock application which is the same from bike to bike on the same model. Supporting custom installations would be the nightmare for sure.

I suppose, if there is an expectation that you are an expert on the ECU. Right now a plug-n-play harness for a MaxxEcu Sport is north of $600 though. A base map for a few applications could net some good sales. Nice thing about plug-n-play is that it doesn't have to do more than the stock application which is the same from bike to bike on the same model. Supporting custom installations would be the nightmare for sure.
Trust me I keep thinking about it, but you wouldnt imagine how much i tech support even the most basic items at times, and this isnt my day job so it can get challenging at times as I always try to be as responsive as humanly possible

Back