Holy plug and play Maxx Race ECU

smithabusa

Site Sponsor
Registered
Wired up for a gen2 busa, has a ton of extra sensors being wired into unused factory connectors.

Coolant/fuel/oil/wastegate pressure 2 hi-temp air temp sensors through secondary throttle servo connector
flex fuel through SDS and Tipover connector
shift light output through pair connector
boost control add/subtract through O2 sensor
Boost selector through Mode UP button
Shift cut (horn signal) brought into ECU
speed signal brought into ecu for speed based boost control etc

remove ECU, put my adapter box in its place, hook up a ground wire, and go.

1625142600992.png

Looks good. Do you have leftover I/O? What I've seen done is to terminate them into a non-OEM connector so if the user wants to add something later there is a convenient place to access them. If you think about a nitrous application you haver access to the extra ignition outputs to drive the external relays, analog inputs for fuel and nitrous pressure, analog input for laser wheelie sensor, etc.

Thanks!
Yes there are 4 left over coil drivers (5v) that you could use an IGBT to trigger solenoids etc, there are 2 analog inputs left, 0 digital left. I have the additional analog inputs wired to an unused factory connector on the bike. I removed the coil driver wiring as the customer didn't need it, but the most recent ones I am working on I am putting all unused outputs on a connector.

On the gen1 adapter boxes, I have an extra 26 pin connector just like the factory one that i have all the extra inputs and outputs along with 5v and sensor ground broke out to make it easy to wire 5v sensors without having to splice into 5v and sensor ground etc. Next to the ground outputs I have 12v available, and next to the 12v outputs I have ground available.

Back