Some people have no business being in business.

mabupa

Donating Member
Registered
Quick little story about a local Motorcycle shop. I’ve been in the area for 13 years and had been to this shop once about 8 years ago to purchase a simple part and was obvious to me that the guy that was there was an a$$hole with a bad attitude and customer service was non-existent. Fast forward to an hour ago and I find a listing on the part I was looking for on eBay and is within 10miles from me, so I call the number and find out is the same shop I mentioned above. I decide to give it another try and tell the guy I would be there to pickup the part in 15mins and he says won’t be a problem. I get there and tell him I’m the guy that called earlier and he goes to the back to get the part and comes back with it. He had it listed on eBay for $26 with free shipping and the part is over 18in. Long and about 3lbs (shipping won’t be the cheapest for him at that size), so I ask the guy how much I owe him and he replies with: “are you paying cash or card?”. My reply: “well, if you can do $20 cash, since you won’t have to pay shipping and eBay fees, I’ll pay you cash, If not, I need to use a card, since I don’t have any extra cash on me”. This guy tells me Best he can do is $25. I just laughed under my medical mask and told him I would have to pay him with a card then and he proceeds to tell me he’ll have to charge taxes too and it’ll be $27.XX total. So, I’m thinking how in the hell is it more expensive for me to come get the part, than having you ship package it, spend $15 or so in shipping, plus ebay fees? I just thanked him and walked out of the shop and swore to never ever go in there again, even if every other shop around shutdown and he is my only option. And then these small local businesses complaint when the locals won’t support them and order parts from the many big online sites.
sorry for the rant, I just hate poor customer service and people with bad attitude.

Put the name out there is what I say. Just had a bad experience with Dennis Kirk. Sent me the wrong parts which was acceptable, it happens but the customer service was basura. Got hung up on, wasnt rude or raising my voice just asking questions regarding my order. After the fact I saw a few 2 star ratings on a few sites mainly due to their customer service. Waiting for my refund but never again.

We’ve probably all had bad experiences with shops and vendors but there’s no valid reason for poor or non existent CS. I was at a local shop a few months back and wanted a low beam bulb, not in stock so they ordered one. Went to pick it up and they had ordered the high beam! One time the parts guy asked me for a part number for a different item. What if I gave them the wrong number? Are they counting on the customer to know more than they do? (They’re) the ones running the business!

And the opposite is true. I've had a particular vendor make multiple mistakes on the same order, but each time, they owned up to it, apologized for being dorks, and gave me a tiny token discount when the right item finally did arrive. I kept going back to that shop until the girl running the place got promoted ... of course.

Back