Motorcycle insurance question when shipping bike out of state and to a shop

busakiller

Registered
Hey guys I have a guy that can transport my bike to a shop. I have a question about insurance. Do I need full coverage on my bike for shipping and while it’s at a shop out of state? Or should I be fine with the liability insurance? The shipping company offers shipping insurance but do shops have insurance for customers stuff?

Sorry I never shipped a bike of my own out of state to shop.

I would put full coverage on it, I'm sure it isn't prohibitively expensive, and I'd need that peace of mind.

Hey guys I have a guy that can transport my bike to a shop. I have a question about insurance. Do I need full coverage on my bike for shipping and while it’s at a shop out of state? Or should I be fine with the liability insurance? The shipping company offers shipping insurance but do shops have insurance for customers stuff?

Sorry I never shipped a bike of my own out of state to shop.
u are insured by ure own insurance company..... whatedver coverage u have... u have.... don't let someone upsell u for 50 more bucks.... biggest tip though..... don't let the bike sit overnight in a truck...… that's how things get STOLEN...…… direct ship from ure door... to the shop.....

Back