Some .org members.............

Robot

Donating Member
Registered
Some .org members seem to go out of their way to welcome others. To those people, I would like to say thanks. :thumbsup:

I'm more introverted by nature, I'm not the life of the party. I went to the BusaBash08, hoping to meet up with locals near me. There were a couple different members that wouldnt give me more than a "Oh Hi" when I introduced myself.

Other members went out of their way to make me welcome. My specific point is Twotonevert, I was just a face in the crowd when I stopped by the Phillips Motel, I only knew a couple members. Twotone seemed to come out nowhere and introduce himself. If you look at threads from new people, most of the time he is there saying hi. I dont know Twotone, but it seems to me, he is good for the .org

Does the .org have a mission statement?, Does admin promote,(in their geographic area), fellowship of people with a Hayabusa interest? These may be silly questions, but I ask because I was recently told to check out another site, that had more information regarding Virginia Busa Rides I found this interesting...............Why not as much information on this site?

I know people are people, some prefer to socialize/ride with friends made years ago. This thread may generate some insight on how new members can integrate into the .org more easily. This really is a neat place here, with neat people.

Most of all this thread is to Thank those who put the effort forward to make the new people welcome. I would like to thank about 10 more members for being so nice, but Ill just pick on "Twotonevert" by name, since I know him the least well.:bowdown:

I am humbled to say the least. Thank you very much for the wonderful comments. I wish I could shake everyones hand and at times, give them hug when they need it. It was good to have met you last year. Can I expect the pleasure of your company again this year?
Posted via Mobile Device

I am humbled to say the least. Thank you very much for the wonderful comments. I wish I could shake everyones hand and at times, give them hug when they need it. It was good to have met you last year. Can I expect the pleasure of your company again this year?
Posted via Mobile Device

Difficult to say, If I can make this year. The wife and I have a little one year old, and it seems like 2009 vacation time is almost all called for. But Ill do my best:thumbsup:

hahahah well thats cause he has nothing better to do.
he is kind of the kid in the class that raises his hand for every answer...(attentionhog)
kidding:whistle:
james and juli are great people. There is a regional section here but alot of people use other sites that are based on their region. It is just a little easier that way. just so you know i have met alot of great peopel from my area on here though.
so nice to meet you

who is twotone? :poke:

James is one of the best of many great people here. He will reach out and give you the shirt off of his back. Even if he has never spoken to you.
There are others also, but since we are talking about him we will keep the light on him.
Thanks James for all you have done for so many here.

Where in VA are you?

Goochland Virginia, I work in Richmond. If you search topics started by "Robot", you'll see several Church rides I initiated last year, with open invites to .org members.

I'm trying to see what Virginia Rides are coming this year, my email is jmatejka@peoplepc.com for anyone wishing correspondance regarding rides.

A few "local" members have already been helpful on 09 rides, my hats off to them:thumbsup:

James is one of the best of many great people here. He will reach out and give you the shirt off of his back. Even if he has never spoken to you.
There are others also, but since we are talking about him we will keep the light on him.
Thanks James for all you have done for so many here.

Hey firedog, you were the first friend in my list, your the greatest:thumbsup:

I was at a loss for words with your thread yesterday, but you seem like a great person, hang in there:beerchug:

Just great James... stealing away all the glory AGAIN.... sheesh..

Gotta admit though that he is must unimposing and tends to make everyone feel right at home.. (not that he would drive a couple hundred miles just to have dinner with myself and a few other members here... :)

ROBOT at least you have good taste in friends :)

Just great James... stealing away all the glory AGAIN.... sheesh..

Gotta admit though that he is must unimposing and tends to make everyone feel right at home.. (not that he would drive a couple hundred miles just to have dinner with myself and a few other members here... :)

ROBOT at least you have good taste in friends :)

Thanks Buddy!:laugh:

Hey firedog, you were the first friend in my list, your the greatest:thumbsup:

I was at a loss for words with your thread yesterday, but you seem like a great person, hang in there:beerchug:

Was I really your first friend. WOW.
I am hanging in there. I just felt alot of anger inside and did not want to fire away at the great people here.
I was set straight by many of the great people here and I will be here for a long time to come. I have found out what a true friend is.

Some .org members seem to go out of their way to welcome others. To those people, I would like to say thanks. :thumbsup:

I'm more introverted by nature, I'm not the life of the party. I went to the BusaBash08, hoping to meet up with locals near me. There were a couple different members that wouldnt give me more than a "Oh Hi" when I introduced myself.

Other members went out of their way to make me welcome. My specific point is Twotonevert, I was just a face in the crowd when I stopped by the Phillips Motel, I only knew a couple members. Twotone seemed to come out nowhere and introduce himself. If you look at threads from new people, most of the time he is there saying hi. I dont know Twotone, but it seems to me, he is good for the .org

Does the .org have a mission statement?, Does admin promote,(in their geographic area), fellowship of people with a Hayabusa interest? These may be silly questions, but I ask because I was recently told to check out another site, that had more information regarding Virginia Busa Rides I found this interesting...............Why not as much information on this site?

I know people are people, some prefer to socialize/ride with friends made years ago. This thread may generate some insight on how new members can integrate into the .org more easily. This really is a neat place here, with neat people.

Most of all this thread is to Thank those who put the effort forward to make the new people welcome. I would like to thank about 10 more members for being so nice, but Ill just pick on "Twotonevert" by name, since I know him the least well.:bowdown:

Bro: First, let me welcome you! If you have any questions about VA rides, I am the man. I am the Co-President of the East Coast Hayabusa Riders (ECHR). We are just a group of people who love to ride. There are no membership dues, no initiation, and no problems. I will be posting up our tentative dates for 2009 very soon. PM me and I will give you my cell number. Hope to see you riding with us in 09!

Postal (Tom)

:beerchug:

Bro: First, let me welcome you! If you have any questions about VA rides, I am the man. I am the Co-President of the East Coast Hayabusa Riders (ECHR). We are just a group of people who love to ride. There are no membership dues, no initiation, and no problems. I will be posting up our tentative dates for 2009 very soon. PM me and I will give you my cell number. Hope to see you riding with us in 09!

Postal (Tom)

:beerchug:

You are one of the people who has been very helpful, I look forward to meeting you on one of the rides this year.:bowdown:

James is not normally like that, he was the one that drew the short straw and had to greet everybody :laugh:

I'm more introverted by nature, I'm not the life of the party.

This is true for what I believe to be the vast majority of the group.... Maybe you got a couple of folks that were just like you and didn't really understand the impression they were leaving... The best way to meet folks is to post up on the site and attend the get togethers...

Make arrangements before you get there to meet up with folks, that way when you arrive your not put in a situation where your natural intraversion takes over....

I guess what I am saying is jump in the pool the water is fine and we are all the same in that we all ride a busa.

Cap

Back