Some future mods I'd like your opinion on...

CAT3

Donating Member
Registered
So, since the wife is getting the wheels and my friend offered to paint the Busa for cost of paint only (better than me attempting to and spending much more on supplies to redo it a few times). I am thinking I like the handling with the front down and new springs. I know +1 in the rear will make it even more delightful in the twisties. But I also like to drag race, and just ride, sometimes pimp it, so I'll be looking for the dogbone mentioned above. I am thinking the Busa will nearly be complete (we're never really done right?).
I dont want to change sprockets, as it seems my goals are met with the factory tooth count. Eventually I will be looking at maybe some top end, like swapping the exhaust cam for a stock intake, for some cheap hp increase. When it needs to be tore down, most likely a 1397, or stock bore +5mm stroke.

So, thinking that the following would be nice addition:
-CF Tank
-Ohlins 46PRXLS rear shock
-Anyone make CF Bars?
-Would like some grips, but need to retain the Throttlemeister.
-Left side plug where exhaust used to bolt on
-Adjustable rear sets, but do any of them allow the pegs to fold up? Friend has Vortex and the pegs are solid mount, not folding on his Gixxer1K.
-Woodcraft Billet covers
-Rapid Bike 3 (soon to be released for the Busa, currently only the RB2 is available) for tuning, no I dont even have a PCIII yet.
-CA Led Integrated taillight
-HID Light set would be nice
-EBC Pro-Lite Rotors (whenever the stockers are beyond service specs)
-Tobin Seat Set

For those asking....What all I've done so far:

SUSPENSION:

-Rebuilt my forks using Racetech .95 springs (no gold valves though).
-Lowered the front with Spencer Cycle Billet Top Clamp (powder coated by me).

*Will be raising the rear 1" if I can find a -1/S/+1 Dogbone*

PERFORMANCE:

-Tsukigi Spec I Full Exhaust, !Pair Valve (not sure Spec II would net gains to offset the cost?)
-Small Air Box mod, BMC Race Filter and all short stacks
-BoostbySmith GPS/GI Modded GPS Sensor
-Hel Braided Line (all 4) w/ CF looking sleeves, gold banjo's
-HH Pads front and rear
-DOT5 Fluid
-Full Synthetic Ester Based Maxim Engine Oil and Zuki filter

*Will be ordering up CZ V6 wheels or Marchesini end of this month of next*

BODY/APPEARANCE/CONVENIENCE:

-Hump Storage Mod
-Grab Bar / Hump Mod
-Cut Stock Shovel
-Billet Pegs front and rear
-Zero Gravity Dark Smoke Double Bubble (waiting for a clear one, so I can video more rides).
-Throttle Meister "cruise control/throttle lock" heavy version

*Prepping now for a solid deep gloss black paint. Then I will add the Green Lantern custom decal kit from Thundercomposites*

Charlie

wow.gif
what no pic
rock.gif

(CAT3 @ Dec. 11 2006,20:06) So, thinking that the following would be nice addition:
-CF Tank (VERY NICE, I ALSO LIKE THE YOSH TANK)
-Ohlins 46PRXLS rear shock (HAVE THEM, TOP NOTCH)
-Anyone make CF Bars? (NOT ANYMORE, PM GRABNTWIST-HE MIGHT KNOW OF ONE)
-Would like some grips, but need to retain the Throttlemeister. (GOOD QUESTION-AS MOST WON'T)
-Left side plug where exhaust used to bolt on
-Adjustable rear sets, but do any of them allow the pegs to fold up?  Friend has Vortex and the pegs are solid mount, not folding on his Gixxer1K. (RIZOMA-BUT THEY DON'T MAKE THEM ANYMORE)
-Woodcraft Billet covers (HIGHLY RECOMMEND)
-Rapid Bike 3 (soon to be released for the Busa, currently only the RB2 is available) for tuning, no I dont even have a PCIII yet. (WHAT IS THIS???)
-CA Led Integrated taillight (CA-CALIFORNIA? CLEAR ALTERNATIVES IS THE NICEST ONE)
-HID Light set would be nice (COMES IN VERY HANDY...ESPECIALLY IF YOU LIVE OUT IN THE COUNTRY-DEER & SUCH)
-EBC Pro-Lite Rotors (whenever the stockers are beyond service specs) (I WOULD GO WITH  ABM OR BREMBO)
-Tobin Seat Set (TOOK A BIT OF GETTING USE TO, BUT NOW MY GEL SEAT SITS ON THE SHELVE!)

Charlie
Added a few comments
what wheels you getting(aluminum)?

BTW are you trying to choose between those. Or are you having one heck of a Christmas
SHOCKED.gif

I would choose in this order: PC111USB, Tobins, rearsets, rear shock(this is the most costly-so you might wanna go for it)

Ksana...
Will get ahold of Grabntwist on the bars, thanks. I thought there was a member getting ready to make CF parts, and specifically mentioned the bars, but need to search again.

CA, yes Clear Alternative. Only thing in Cali for me is the port to ship and pick up my cars when moving overseas
sad.gif

I picked the EBC for the cost and color. Appears the bike will be black, with Gold and the matching Green from Green Lantern (very close to the powder coated coloring I did on the clamp).

Looking at those V6 wheels S&T posted a month or so ago...you know the ones that look like a PITA to clean. Anodized Alum. For the price I couldn't justify why others that cost more over them...cleaning time is not a point my wife will argue for when it comes to her money
sad.gif

Rapid Bike is a tuning module similar to PC and others, but offers some expanded capabilities. It can be had in three different levels, 1, 2, or 3.
1 is similar in most aspects and abilities to PCIII.
2 offers some more control, not only fueling but spark advance.
3 is the top. Just like the new Gixxer 1k comes with a 3 position toggle on the bars, for chosing b/w 3 maps ( Suzi says dry, mixed and wet). The RB3 can be programmed with up to 5, yes FIVE, different maps IIRC, e.g. High and low elevation, drag racing w/ nitrous, extended high rpm like top speed run, etc, however you want to set it up. It is made in Italy and used on some fancy GP bikes. A friend here has the RB3 on his 05' Gixxer1k, had it installed in Colorado (one of a few install/tuners for the system). I had talked with the Co. tuner and apparently it is only imported thru one shop in Michigan, sorry can't recall the name, but from there it is sent out to the dealer-install-tuner shops. Roughly the same price at the PCIII with ignition module. Will see if I can find the link.

Charlie

sad.gif

(CAT3 @ Dec. 11 2006,20:35) Sorry. Most have been posted before, but for a "all-in-one" effect here ya go. I admit, I need to stop riding so much on my w/e and get more pics of my own bike. I have plenty from the mountan rides, but they are everyone elses bikes
sad.gif
We did enjoy the fashion show of your new leathers.
laugh.gif

You always need to make more time to shoot your own ride.

Thanks for adding the pics

She is really coming along. Be careful with a cf tank but. Of course, I'm a huge fan of the stuff but in a big off, a regular tank will dent, guess what cf does? I don't want to see a superhero on fire. I can fix that hump mod for ya. lol.
beerchug.gif

Well thats not cool....the tank is supposed to lighten the load and hold the fuel without being a hazard. I can deal with it not liking to be dented, and I could deal with that. I dont however, want to be cruising down the freeway, or riding to work and find myself needing a fire extinguisher! Guess I might scratch that one off my list...drats.

now I don't know of a tank goin up
but I know a guy who had his cf inners ignite
after which he said he was goin back to plastics

not sure on the properties of cf
w/ relations to igniting a fire??

just not willing to find out either

btw the wheels...pretty much brand name
might be a little lighter
never compared build quality
I have the Marchesini mags but never had them side by side w/ another brand only stock
so I understand on the $$$
AND THE LIL LADY IS BUYING THEM...I LIKE HER
biggrin.gif

Composites don't flex well. Reference a fair few gp bikes, particularly smaller 125 ans 250 bikes. Those falsh fires that come along every now and then is a hole being made in the tank surface. (don't confuse that with the smaller fires cause by the hoses coming off). CF tanks are illegal in quite a few places becuase of that and most people supply them with a rider statement about being 'track only'. Don't fret though Cat. All you really have to do is recognise that the issue exists and roll with the punches as required. If I had a nice one, I would ride with it. hazard be damned. So to clarify, the cf doesn't really burn (composites are excellent in relation to heat), it is the fuel that comes out. It won't just explode into flames on the freeway in an unexpected way.

Back