Need some insight on rpm setting for shift light

Big Tuna

Donating Member
Registered
stock internals....k&n AF, small box mod, 17T front---43T rear, full muzzy exhaust, electric shifter...Just needing to set this thing up somewhere....will be running 1/8 mile....I am thinking 10,400---does that sound about right? Thanks

You need to dyno it and see where the power starts dropping compaired with the power increase of the next gear ! Then you'll know where to shift  
beerchug.gif

(DaCol. @ Apr. 06 2007,20:43) You need to dyno it and see where the power starts dropping compaired with the power increase of the next gear ! Then you'll know where to shift
beerchug.gif
Great advice! Makes more sense to shift in the sweet spot anyway, Thanks again! ....Jay

(DaCol. @ Apr. 06 2007,18:43) You need to dyno it and see where the power starts dropping compaired with the power increase of the next gear ! Then you'll know where to shift
beerchug.gif
+1

You're nolonger stock and have a diff drive train setup as well. Stock bike 10.0 - 10.2

A stock dyno can be found here, but then every bike might be a little different. Want to say HP topped out around 10.4 or 5, but you've got to react to the light and shift.

Big Tuna, forget your original name, anyway; they make nitrous systems that have a nitrous driven shifter that can be programmed with shift points. You drop the clutch at the line and go. You mentioned and 1/8 mile. Use to run the 1/8 at Hudson NC every Thursday night with a KZ650

Thanks alot guys.....I will be running the bike at Farmington & Piedmont mostly....I have a rider, just trying to get him some seat time to see where we can go......Jay...(CarolinaDoubleJ)

Back