Some advice please on a couple of things

John O'Looney

Registered
Hi guys
after 8 years I’ve finally parted with my K3 1000 Gixxer and bought my self a 2017 gen 2 busa In blue and white
I love it in honesty and I’m not busy making it mine with some choice bits.

Some advice on mirrors - I’m just not happy with the one ones, I just can see much in them , I’m told that Gixxer k2 1000 ones fit and are the ones to get for better visibility, is it a significant I improvement ?

I don’t usually go much on aftermarket mirrors unless you guys have any suggestions please - I’d appreciate it because I need decent mirrors

lastly I’m quite keen to get some see through engine casings - I don’t want cheap Chinese rubbish , I had a lovely set on my k3 1000 I got from someone in the US many years ago, they were not cheap but they were lovely - but I cannot for the life of me remember who it was I got them from
any suggestions here would also be appreciated.

I plan to keep the bike mostly standard - famous last words

thanks in advance guys for any input
regards and god bless
John

Congrats on the new ride!
I run gsxr mirrors with 1in extensions and like them. No feedback on clear covers.

52101E60-0F07-46AD-A01A-963F74AA3589.jpeg

This has probably been asked but to save me some searching will the GSXR mirrors fit the gen 3? I would like more visibility. Thanks.

Congratulations on your new 2017 Gen 2 Hayabusa! It's great to hear that you're enjoying the bike and customizing it to your liking. Here are some suggestions regarding mirrors and see-through engine casings:

1. Mirrors: If you're looking for improved visibility, the Gixxer K2 1000 mirrors could be a good option. They are known to have better visibility compared to the stock mirrors on the Hayabusa. However, it's important to note that individual preferences may vary, so it might be beneficial to consult with fellow Hayabusa owners or visit Hayabusa-specific forums for more feedback and recommendations on aftermarket mirror options.

2. Aftermarket mirrors: While you mentioned being cautious about aftermarket mirrors, there are reputable manufacturers that offer high-quality aftermarket options. Brands such as CRG, Rizoma, and Puig are known for producing mirrors with improved visibility and aesthetics. Consider researching their offerings and reading reviews to find mirrors that suit your preferences.

3. See-through engine casings: For high-quality see-through engine casings, it's recommended to look for reputable manufacturers that specialize in such products. Some well-known brands include Lightech, GB Racing, and LSL. These companies offer a range of engine casing protectors made from durable materials that provide both protection and a see-through design. Be sure to verify the compatibility of the casings with your specific model year of the Hayabusa.

Remember to thoroughly research and consider factors such as quality, fitment, and reviews when selecting aftermarket mirrors or see-through engine casings. It's always advisable to purchase from reputable vendors to ensure you receive genuine and high-quality products for your bike.

Firstly guys thank you for all your replies i appreciate it.

Mirrors is a toughie isnt it because they look great online and when they arrive they are usually a bag of crap. The moment you put them on they vibrate lose every ten minutes etc etc rinse and repeat.

Ive bought loads of mirrors in the past and always end up going back to the OEM with a set of spacers on to be honest.

Ive got a slight scuff ont he left hand side mirror so i thought i might try again, but i guess ill probably just buy an OEM one to replace it.

Ive ordered a set of spacers for now to make do.

As regards the engine casings im stull hunting and mine is a blue white 2017 L7

I think it was Ballz ones i bought many years ago that were superb engine casing wise

Last edited:
I had Gsxr mirrors on my gen2, and as said, they are much better than the Busa mirrors, as the Gsxr mirrors have a noticeably better field of veiw.
Spacers make it much easier to see around your shoulders too.
I also switched to bar-end mirrors on my gen2, and found them to be very good as well as easy for my eyes to quickly find the mirrors location in space at a glance.
I have found that personally the location of the handlebars and riding position on the Busa, is much more well suited for bar-end mirrors, vs the Gsxr.
That is just based on the Gsxr bars being closer to the rider, so I have to move my head down slightly to see the bar-ends on the Gsxr, which is too much time with my eyes off the road.
On the Busa, the bar-end mirrors location stayed in my peripheral vision during normal riding positions, so all I had to do was quickly cut my eyes to focus on what was/is in the mirror.
A $15-$20 ebay or amazon set of cheap bar-end mirrors is all that you need to try them and see if you like them or not.
If you do, Oberon makes very nice high quality mirrors, that don't vibrate or come loose.
I will look for pictures with the bar-end mirrors on it.

Screenshot_20230525-082656_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230525-082741_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230525-082705_Gallery.jpg

Guys I just wanted to nudge you on some see through engine and stator covers please
does any one have any suggestions for decent quality covers that are not cheap Chinese leakers?
I had a set of Ballz covers on my old k3 1000 Gixxer and they were awesome
from here Highest Quality Chrome & Black See Through Custom Sportbike Engine Covers
but I’m not keen on the ball cut ones, plain see through cases in black will do.
anyone have any suggestions please ?

Guys I just wanted to nudge you on some see through engine and stator covers please does any one have any suggestions for decent quality covers that are not cheap Chinese leakers? I had a set of Ballz covers on my old k3 1000 Gixxer and they were awesome from here Highest Quality Chrome & Black See Through Custom Sportbike Engine Covers but I’m not keen on the ball cut ones, plain see through cases in black will do. anyone have any suggestions please ?

Perhaps a redundant bar-end mirror on the non throttle-lock side. Would that look silly?

Don't answer that...

I will...a left bar-end mirror is all you really need on a Busa anyway.
The bar position lets your eyes find the mirror in space quickly, as it is beside your left hand, and slightly above(or beside or below if you choose).
The mirror can also be set in your lower left peripheral vision, so that no head movement is needed to see the mirror, only eyes.
That means your eyes are off of the road less time.
As your brain and eyes know where the stock mirrors are in space, but it takes your eyes just a moment to find them, vs a bar-end beside your perpherial visible hand, as your brain always knows where to look when you want to see your hand, so no brief moment of trying to find it, it's just look beside your hand.
It may seem funny, but a split second can make all the difference in a crash, or chance of.
At 60mph, we travel 88 feet per second.
A half second is 44 feet less to swerve or brake.
Pros and cons

Back