Solo Sierra FOG does Ebbetts Pass

CCbusa05

Donating Member
Registered
All my other riding bros had prior commitments, so I headed out alone on this fine Saturday morning. Wanted to check road and traffic conditions on Ebbetts Pass since it'll more than likely will be one of the upcoming Reno Stampede ride routes. Excellent road conditions, a bit of sand and gravel swept out into the tight corners by vacationing campers and boat trailers, but that's to be expected this time of year. Traffic was surprising light for this time of year too, especially it being a Saturday and all. Had a great burger at the old standby lunch stop (Giant Burger) roadside restaurant in Arnold. Then I wanted to see how the Silver Bullet would handle 100 plus degree heat down in Angels Camp and then north into Jackson. The fans kicked on only once in stop and go traffic and not another protest was to be heard from the ole girl after that. Knock on wood, but I have over 13,000 miles on the clock and have not had even one single issue of any kind with this bullet proof crotch rocket. Lots of TLC with proper and frequent maintenance and these darn busas can last a lifetime, I swear!! :laugh:
Anyway, I bombed back to Carson City via hwy 88 in order to beat the accumulating thunder boomers in the mountains. Looks like I just made it, it's overcast here in Carson as I type (4:45PM). I wish it would rain now, we could use it! Played tag with a couple of guys on smaller sports bikes on 88, helped keep the boredom of droning along towards home down to a low roar! :laugh:
I can hardly wait til August 10th..........................Stampede time! Yippeee! :thumbsup:
One shot of a pit stop in Markleville, then a few when I stopped half way through the Ebbetts Pass run at Mosquito Lake.

100_3918 (Large).jpg

100_3920 (Large).jpg

100_3921 (Large).jpg

100_3922 (Large).jpg

Last edited:
Man, what you guys get to look at when you ride is UNREAL !!

How do you handle riding in the twisty's with sand/gravel in the turns ? I still almost go in my pants when I notice I'm on it. I just hold my line, and :please: But once i do it every turn after that I'm crawling ?

Jim, I wanna dip my feet in Mosquito lake, and have a cold drink in Markleeville. Cant wait ... :cheerleader:

All my other riding bros had prior commitments, so I headed out alone on this fine Saturday morning.

I did post an open invitation to ride to Utah. Thunderstorms got me in Reno on the cribward run. 90 degrees and hammered so hard with sleet I was riding blind. Couldn't see the Semi in front of me or the road. Thank God I rode thru it in less than two miles. Stopped at Boomtown for last gas for the final 100 miles of the 1000 to find the pumps out due to a lightening strike.

I know all that water on the Silver Bullet would have made you cry. :laugh: I just ran the Connies wind screen up to the top and let mother nature give her a bath. Washed all those NV bugs off before crossing the State line. What the He11 are those GIANT suckers out there in the desert? Got splatted in the shield twice, almost took my head off.

I did post an open invitation to ride to Utah. Thunderstorms got me in Reno on the cribward run. 90 degrees and hammered so hard with sleet I was riding blind. Couldn't see the Semi in front of me or the road. Thank God I rode thru it in less than two miles. Stopped at Boomtown for last gas for the final 100 miles of the 1000 to find the pumps out due to a lightening strike.

I know all that water on the Silver Bullet would have made you cry. :laugh: I just ran the Connies wind screen up to the top and let mother nature give her a bath. Washed all those NV bugs off before crossing the State line. What the He11 are those GIANT suckers out there in the desert? Got splatted in the shield twice, almost took my head off.

So you got the Iron BUTT Badge Russs..............Good for you.:bowdown: Was it worth it :whistle:

Back