So why is the Busa's top speed limited?

drhixson

Registered
is it to keep them from getting sued, is there a law that limits? seems they would sell more if they came stock with no speed limiter

all manufactures agreed to the law when they saw it starting to get out of hand.

All because of the Busa...
beerchug.gif

Speed wars were getting out of hand around 1999 and 2000.. So, in 2001 a
186mph/300kph top end limit was agreed to be observed by the big 4 (Honda, Yam, Suzuki and Kawi).. This was a better alternative than a government imposed speed restriction.

all manufactures agreed to the law when they saw it starting to get out of hand.  

beerchug.gif
not entirely do to the busa even though it was involved. all the hype surrounding the zx-12R also helped lead to the "gentelmens agreement" to limit top speed. here's my ?, why dont cars limit there speed to 186mph?

beerchug.gif
not entirely do to the busa even though it was involved. all the hype surrounding the zx-12R also helped lead to the "gentelmens agreement" to limit top speed. here's my ?, why dont cars limit there speed to 186mph?
because an inexpirenced idiot who thinks they can handle anything have a hard time affording any car that can do that while almost anyone with a decent credit score can get a 10k bike

If you want to bypass the governed speed, you might want to look at a Gipro gear indicator w/tre. The BUSA is fast enough.
ThumbsUp.gif

Is that a TRE?...... No, that.... is.....Sparta!!!
firedevil.gif

cool.gif

Yes, i know it has nothing to do with the topic....

Yes, right between 191 and 193, depending weight of rider and wind and such factors. Last year sport rider magazine ran the busa and ZX 14 both bone stock with TREs on each and the busa ran Around 191 or 192. The ZX did 189. Also remember that one bike from another, even they are identical may be one or two miles an hour faster or slower. That is just the way motor vehicles are.

Ride_or_fish, you might be have eight years of "I'll just blame HILLARY! Clinton"

JUST VOTE NO! to HRC!

I always wanted to know why 200+ mph cars are available but bikes have to be limited. A car moving at that speed is far more dangerous than a bike to others anyway. People have the false sense of security from being in a cage. That cage can also become your tomb.

Back