So, the stores in CO sold out by noon

You just haven't seen the tattoo the man put on me :laugh: You know they call it dope for a reason :whistle:

Make sure you have snacks and drinks :leseratte:

Oh I know, and I also know dope applies to more than just some stoners lighting up...take a look around us all, right here, right now :laugh:

I'm going to the newly opening snack shack...support you're local oRg business man! :laugh:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Next question would be crossing the state line...

And I am not clear just yet...is it on premises only like a bar or buy and carry?

It's only legal in Colorado. Soon as you crossed state line your legal weed becomes contraband and illegal.

Just like they're are no warnings for high speed motorcycle riders :whistle:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Yours didn't come with a warning sticker on the right side?

Mine came with one that said "Big Nutz Required!"

Yours didn't come with a warning sticker on the right side?

Mine came with one that said "Big Nutz Required!"

Oh sure the bikes come with warnings, but those that choose to speed, were they told the consequences while doing so? OMG, I would think not! Where are the multitude of signs? The campaigns? The anger?! Where's the rage?! :rofl:

You're either smart, or you're just not...I think we all know this, or do we? :whistle:

What I love is that some want, no wait, NEED, gov't to cater to the lowest common denominator in society - the stupid, those that lack common sense, those that just don't care, etc. We all have to live under the rules for the stupid because the stupid don't know any better. That's the reality we live in, and maybe sometimes it works, but most of the time it just doesn't. Best thing to do is punish those that break the laws and punish them harshly. Does it deter? Nope, never has...Forrest Gump said it best :rofl:

Best thing to do is punish those that break the laws and punish them harshly. Does it deter? Nope, never has

Disagree, do you not think of the consequences of riding 150mph when you ride?

Disagree, do you not think of the consequences of riding 150mph when you ride?

First off, I've never been 150 mph, honest...you know why? Because all I do is think of my two sons :) Secondly, I do nothing but think of my kids every single time I ride, EVERY SINGLE TIME.

But, I'm not everyone...that's my point. Some do think of the consequences, every time, no matter what drives them to think, they do, and some never do and never ever will...no amount of laws will ever change those two facts.

First off, I've never been 150 mph, honest...you know why? Because all I do is think of my two sons :) Secondly, I do nothing but think of my kids every single time I ride, EVERY SINGLE TIME.

But, I'm not everyone...that's my point. Some do think of the consequences, every time, no matter what drives them to think, they do, and some never do and never ever will...no amount of laws will ever change those two facts.

There will always be that segment that don't use their noggin to think before they act... But if I understand your logic, there is no need for a speed limit because only the people that think about the legal or financial consequences would use it and when they ride they are thinking about other consequences so they wouldn't speed because of family or other non govt induced rules.

or

No need to lock your door because people that want in are going to break it open anyway locked or not and honest people would never think of coming in...

Do I have that correct?

Last edited:
I hear New York is about to legalize it :beerchug:

We need a toker emoticon

Last edited by a moderator:
There will always be that segment that don't use their noggin to think before they act... But if I understand your logic, there is no need for a speed limit because only the people that think about the legal or financial consequences would use it and when they ride they are thinking about other consequences so they wouldn't speed because of family or other non govt induced rules.

or

No need to lock your door because people that want in are going to break it open anyway locked or not and honest people would never think of coming in...

Do I have that correct?

No, I don't go to that extreme. We do have laws in place for good reasons, such as laws in place to protect children from harm, laws keeping criminals from purchasing guns, kids can't buy booze & cigarettes, speed limits, however, that does not stop people from doing what they want to, but let's face it - to the responsible thinking person, most of these laws should be common sense, yet they have to be written down and enforced for our lowest common denominator. I don't for a second think we should undo every law. Having said that, laws don't stop harm from coming to children at the hands of others, they don't stop criminals from getting guns, or kids from obtaining booze, cigs, or speeding...they've never stopped an alcoholic or addict from getting what they want, and they sure as heck have never stopped an idiot on a sport bike from speeding from the cops, crashing and dying, have they?

My point in all of this is that in everything we've discussed, there is the looming gov't wheel that says it's OK to buy booze, with laws on the books to hopefully help the stupid NOT do stupid stuff while partaking in drinking. That doesn't stop DUIs, doesn't stop teens from crashing and dying in accidents, doesn't stop hit and runs while intoxicated, doesn't stop abuse in any way, shape or form. So, why the huge fight over marijuana? It's the same monster. Some here have wrongly pegged me as a dope head, but I'm not. I don't smoke it...I work at a gov't job and have kids that I do think about in every decision I make because I'm responsible for them, accountable to a job, accountable to myself. I can't help it if others aren't; can't control free will, but I will fight for the rights of others to have their rights, and in turn MY RIGHT to decide for myself if I want to smoke it or not, responsibly...less gov't wheel, because let's face it - more gov't wheel hasn't worked. The only thing more gov't has done is overcrowd our prisons so much we now allow pedophiles and murderers out over the guy that has 3 strikes/out for marijuana possession - you tell me, which evil deserves to stay locked away? Our gov't is so screwed up, so huge now, so convoluted in what "it" thinks is "best for the people" that it's completely lost touch WITH the very people represented. I'm no doper, but if it's legal and I want to buy it, want to light up with friends in a responsible place, in a responsible way and I've calculated my risks with the rest of my life, who cares?

We can continue to hold on to a silly law banning marijuana based on, and let's call it what it is right now for many here - a moral issue, for what? And all the while, knowing alcohol is the same, shoot, quite possibly worse, depends on who you talk to I guess. I chuckle at the very thought of our founding fathers likely being high on good old mary jane while writing the very Constitution we all fight for, you know, long before the gov't controlled every frickin' thing :laugh:

That is my point...

Last edited:
I was thinking this morning about government jobs / critical jobs where piss testing is a part of life. How about the job apps that ask specifically have you ever pulled on a joint. What will happen tpo all that once weed is legal and we're all left to our common sense and intelligence ???

I was thinking this morning about government jobs / critical jobs where piss testing is a part of life. How about the job apps that ask specifically have you ever pulled on a joint. What will happen tpo all that once weed is legal and we're all left to our common sense and intelligence ???

Guess that'll weed out more idiots :whistle: Pun intended :laugh:

Curious, how do all you pro's feel about legalizing all drugs? Meth is quite popular and people do it all the time. What this debate is all about is where you draw the line. During this liberal swing the nation is undergoing right now the line has swung far enough to legalize in some states. Unfortunately, once the line is moved it rarely goes back.

This idea that they were doing it anyways so it's okay is ridiculous. With that logic we shouldn't have laws at all.

The idea that smoking MJ is harmless is also beyond ridiculous.

The argument that something else bad for you is legal so MJ should be is one a 5 year old child would make.

Facilitating access will encourage MORE people smoke and ADD to the problems that substance abuse creates.

Legalization and easy availability will absolutely create MORE smokers that wouldn't have smoked it otherwise.

The fact that it is legal in some states will only compound problems for others who have not, and not a dime of the revenue generated will go towards containing usage to that state. Additionally, children, young adults and adults, change thier perceptions based on what is going on in other states and will be more apt to smoke illegally in the state they live.

Unfortunately this administration is too weak to enforce Federal law as it should be because the actions of these two states have already had an impact on the rest of us.

My prediction is this will not be good for this country.

Don't do drugs, and never will.

Curious, how do all you pro's feel about legalizing all drugs? Meth is quite popular and people do it all the time. What this debate is all about is where you draw the line. During this liberal swing the nation is undergoing right now the line has swung far enough to legalize in some states. Unfortunately, once the line is moved it rarely goes back.

This idea that they were doing it anyways so it's okay is ridiculous. With that logic we shouldn't have laws at all.

The idea that smoking MJ is harmless is also beyond ridiculous.

The argument that something else bad for you is legal so MJ should be is one a 5 year old child would make.

Facilitating access will encourage MORE people smoke and ADD to the problems that substance abuse creates.

Legalization and easy availability will absolutely create MORE smokers that wouldn't have smoked it otherwise.

The fact that it is legal in some states will only compound problems for others who have not, and not a dime of the revenue generated will go towards containing usage to that state. Additionally, children, young adults and adults, change thier perceptions based on what is going on in other states and will be more apt to smoke illegally in the state they live.

Unfortunately this administration is too weak to enforce Federal law as it should be because the actions of these two states have already had an impact on the rest of us.

My prediction is this will not be good for this country.

Don't do drugs, and never will.

I never said any of what we're talking about is harmless...riding on two wheels isn't harmless, driving isn't harmless, drinking, skydiving, walking, breathing, hell should I go on?

But, you do bring up a very valid point and one that I'll address, though I'm sure you'll disagree with me, and that's quite OK too. It's your right to have your opinions and I fully support that right.

Marijuana isn't some creation made up from a bunch of man-made chemicals, solvents and cut on the floors of some dealer's apartment, laced with who knows what. One would argue with you that it's something naturally grown while meth is produced. Drugs like crack, crank, meth, krokodil and the like exist for that segment of the population that will always exist, whether or not natural things are legally available to the masses or not. You guys can argue every point under the sun, but it seems most against the legalization of marijuana 1) drink and find it OK (those that aren't drinkers, my apologies for the generalization), and 2) refuse to even acknowledge that there is really no logical reason to have alcohol legal and marijuana illegal. There are so many arguments in favor of MJ actually being LESS dangerous than your good old bottle of ripple, but I digress. Furthermore, you refuse to even touch on the fact that it's heading in the direction of being legalized whether you like it or not, so fighting to the bitter end while drinking your rum and coke seems pretty hypocritical IMHO Again, that's to the drinkers out there, drinking responsibly of course :whistle:

In the end, I'll always support the right for adults to choose. If someone wants to choose to be stupid, let 'em, and if someone wants to choose to do something that's legal and in a responsible way, let 'em do that too, with laws on the books just like we have related to alcohol to address those lowest common denominators that abound to ruin it for the rest. Does that mean they should legalize every drug? Absolutely not...is that a slippery slope? I suppose it could be, but it may also be argued that 81 years ago that slope started with the end of prohibition, so if you don't like the slope, let's outlaw booze again, let's all live in a bubble and let's wait for the gov't to save us from ourselves.

Be prepared for the unintended consequences...

Think they'll be any worse than those unintended consequences of our right to arm ourselves? And I ask that as a gun owner/concealed carry American citizen, so I'm no anti-gun nut... :)

Oh hey, let me elaborate, so I won't be ever confusing the 2nd Amendment Right with the original subject matter at hand...

Think they'll be any worse than those unintended consequences of our right to arm ourselves with assault rifles? :)

Last edited:
And as long as LEO doesn't treat every citizen like we are the all the lowest common denominator, common sense will prevail in the enforcement of pot laws in Co. For that matter apply this principle to any law and its enforcement. Sadly this is part of the debate as well. If a cop doesn't like pot, and you legally smoke it, you shouldn't be subjected to abuse.

VA you have done as good a job as anyone supporting good common sense discussion on the topic. I don't smoke pot or tobacco. Tobacco seems to be going to the illegal spectrum at the rate things are going. I personally stay away from smokers and drinkers. I can't stand the smell of tobacco, or the actions of those that don't, won't or can't drink in common sense ways. I don't hang around people that smoke pot. But I think it is pointless to keep it illegal. Personally I''ll take someone around me that smoked a joint or 2 the night before, than the guy who drank 6 cocktails the night before.

No, I don't go to that extreme. We do have laws in place for good reasons, such as laws in place to protect children from harm, laws keeping criminals from purchasing guns, kids can't buy booze & cigarettes, speed limits, however, that does not stop people from doing what they want to, but let's face it - to the responsible thinking person, most of these laws should be common sense, yet they have to be written down and enforced for our lowest common denominator. I don't for a second think we should undo every law. Having said that, laws don't stop harm from coming to children at the hands of others, they don't stop criminals from getting guns, or kids from obtaining booze, cigs, or speeding...they've never stopped an alcoholic or addict from getting what they want, and they sure as heck have never stopped an idiot on a sport bike from speeding from the cops, crashing and dying, have they?

My point in all of this is that in everything we've discussed, there is the looming gov't wheel that says it's OK to buy booze, with laws on the books to hopefully help the stupid NOT do stupid stuff while partaking in drinking. That doesn't stop DUIs, doesn't stop teens from crashing and dying in accidents, doesn't stop hit and runs while intoxicated, doesn't stop abuse in any way, shape or form. So, why the huge fight over marijuana? It's the same monster. Some here have wrongly pegged me as a dope head, but I'm not. I don't smoke it...I work at a gov't job and have kids that I do think about in every decision I make because I'm responsible for them, accountable to a job, accountable to myself. I can't help it if others aren't; can't control free will, but I will fight for the rights of others to have their rights, and in turn MY RIGHT to decide for myself if I want to smoke it or not, responsibly...less gov't wheel, because let's face it - more gov't wheel hasn't worked. The only thing more gov't has done is overcrowd our prisons so much we now allow pedophiles and murderers out over the guy that has 3 strikes/out for marijuana possession - you tell me, which evil deserves to stay locked away? Our gov't is so screwed up, so huge now, so convoluted in what "it" thinks is "best for the people" that it's completely lost touch WITH the very people represented. I'm no doper, but if it's legal and I want to buy it, want to light up with friends in a responsible place, in a responsible way and I've calculated my risks with the rest of my life, who cares?

We can continue to hold on to a silly law banning marijuana based on, and let's call it what it is right now for many here - a moral issue, for what? And all the while, knowing alcohol is the same, shoot, quite possibly worse, depends on who you talk to I guess. I chuckle at the very thought of our founding fathers likely being high on good old mary jane while writing the very Constitution we all fight for, you know, long before the gov't controlled every frickin' thing :laugh:

That is my point...

We aren't as far apart on this topic as you think... I don't care if you smoke pot, I don't care if you drink, I do care if you are impaired on the hwy or if your decision affects me. I think that we can agree that the laws in place may be for those people that can't make a rational common sense decision on their own. Let's make a law that says that if you are impaired driving then you suffer some major consequences, oh wait we have those already and people still do it... This means the punishment isn't harsh enough so you find the motivation that will make people think about it... While I think that you are correct there is always the element that will disregard the laws that are in place if we don't act swiftly and harshly then those on the verge of making a bad decision see no consequence or that the risk is worth the reward...

We aren't as far apart on this topic as you think... I don't care if you smoke pot, I don't care if you drink, I do care if you are impaired on the hwy or if your decision affects me. I think that we can agree that the laws in place may be for those people that can't make a rational common sense decision on their own. Let's make a law that says that if you are impaired driving then you suffer some major consequences, oh wait we have those already and people still do it... This means the punishment isn't harsh enough so you find the motivation that will make people think about it... While I think that you are correct there is always the element that will disregard the laws that are in place if we don't act swiftly and harshly then those on the verge of making a bad decision see no consequence or that the risk is worth the reward...

I never really thought we were that far apart anyway...I think skydivr and I are miles apart, but that's OK because he jumps from planes and I don't, so who's the lunatic? :p Just kidding skydivr...

Back