So, the stores in CO sold out by noon

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
Crowds were serenaded by live music as they waited for the nation's first legal recreational pot shops to open.

It's just funny listening to this on the news

Beware the law of unintended consequences. I would not want to raise my child there now.

I JUST WONDER how many people who afforded $100/$500 ounces were on welfare or public assistance...did they accept EBT cards? (don't laught, it's most likely coming)...

skydivr, I get what you're saying, but hell, that's happening now with people buying booze and cigarettes...

its all good in moderation...

i took a puff on News years eve.. haven't smoked pot in 15 years..

i was told i was hilarious...:rofl:

My Mom and sister live in Colorado...I should give 'em both a call and see how they're doing today :laugh:

skydivr, I get what you're saying, but hell, that's happening now with people buying booze and cigarettes...

And cigarettes have been banned in most public places for secondhand smoke. While you could make a claim that pot = alcohol, and alcohol is legal then pot should be ("if a=b and b=c then a=c") I differentiate. How many employers want high employees? How many of them have CDL's that specifically prohibit? I still believe pot is a gateway drug. Just like I think some alcohol is a gateway to some of the harder stuff (some people can handle it, and some people CANNOT). I'm pointing out that we are further opening Pandora's box. People keep citing "well, Europe did it" etc., etc., but they fail to mention the higher rates of heroin and other harder drug addictions that the countries are now saddled with. I don't WANT to be like Europe.

My Dad always said, "If you are doing what everybody else is doing, you are probably wrong too"....

i saw this ad when i was younger.....scared me never to try it..... ???

Seems+Legit.+I+Tried+Gay+Once+Now+I+m+POT_2a6109_3743127-325x187.jpeg

My personal opinion right here.....

As with just about everything we used to have in this country it came with PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY.... These days we are just consumed with the Entitlement Attitude, the world of Everything must be fair and It's someone else's fault I act the way I do. I think there is probably some middle ground somewhere on the issues IF we were to hold people accountable to their actions, if you don't do that then the lines get blurry and wildly grey.. I was a cop, I can't tell you how many people I arrested for possession of pot, HUNDREDS...... I never once had anyone pissed off when they were smoking weed or high when they were arrested. Regardless of which side you are on the facts are true about what you do or what actions you take while either high from Pot or buzzed from alcohol. Regardless of your poison no one can deny that a person is impaired at some level and decision making is altered. Once we have that fact in place then we can decide what actions should and should not be taken while under the influence. Can we all agree that driving a car on the hwy with too much of either is a bad thing? Can we agree that no one else is responsible for the actions of the driver, if so (I hope) then we should make the penalties so harsh for offenders that EVERYONE understands the life altering ramifications of driving under the influence of either. The same thing holds true with other actions that impair judgement, carrying a gun, operating a car, operating heavy equipment, running a nuclear plant... If a person wants to get hammered in their house then go for it but the first time you get caught outside smashed then it comes with a heavy penalty..... Get caught smoking in public, drinking in public, JAIL.....

See it's not that hard but we have found creative ways to allow people to do what they want with no consequences and then try to justify it all with the fact they have a job, a family and responsibilities, normally Joe Bob is a great guy and would never make that choice if he was sober but he was buzzed and so we can't hold him responsible.... c

We all know people that can't hold their alcohol heck we've seen em at the busa bash. Why in the world would we think that smoking pot is better than alcohol, its different but the same....

So go toke up just don't call me when you sleep through work or you test positive at your job and get fired... You had a choice to make and it looks like you should be held accountable for your actions...

Rant off

Captain..

And cigarettes have been banned in most public places for secondhand smoke. While you could make a claim that pot = alcohol, and alcohol is legal then pot should be ("if a=b and b=c then a=c") I differentiate. How many employers want high employees? How many of them have CDL's that specifically prohibit? I still believe pot is a gateway drug. Just like I think some alcohol is a gateway to some of the harder stuff (some people can handle it, and some people CANNOT). I'm pointing out that we are further opening Pandora's box. People keep citing "well, Europe did it" etc., etc., but they fail to mention the higher rates of heroin and other harder drug addictions that the countries are now saddled with. I don't WANT to be like Europe.

My Dad always said, "If you are doing what everybody else is doing, you are probably wrong too"....

I'm not going to argue with you or attempt to change your mind...my point was that your comment is nothing new - people have been abusing the welfare system since its inception, so bringing it up related to legalized pot in Colorado was kind of redundant IMHO.

Arguing over the legality of marijuana in Colorado - that's pointless too, seeing that it's now legal. If you'd like to discuss the legality of speeding on a Busa, let's discuss that. Fairly certain every single Busa rider here has and does break the law, and endangers others by doing so because those laws are there to protect, right? Last time I checked Colorado passed a law legalizing one of these topics and one still remains illegal :whistle: You are against the legal one, and hey, that's your right, but the other? Likely something you've done that isn't legal at all...hrmmmm...isn't judgment fun? :p

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Keith I just wanna know how you know how much an ounce costs? :laugh:

Cap can employers fire people in Colorado now for using a LEGAL substance?
Test positive sure but it's legal no?

Keith I just wanna know how you know how much an ounce costs? :laugh:

Cap can employers fire people in Colorado now for using a LEGAL substance?
Test positive sure but it's legal no?

Businesses can still make a decision to allow it or not. Just because the law says you can the employer has the right to not allow it and can still take action based on the results...

Businesses can still make a decision to allow it or not. Just because the law says you can the employer has the right to not allow it and can still take action based on the results...

A lot of fire departments don't allow smoking cigarettes on or off duty...

People who smoke weed smoke it whether it's legal or not. You'de also be surprised if you actually knew just who did. CEO's, politicians, high ranking officials, and good ole decent, intelligent, regular folks.
If an employer drug tests for it, then you get fired if you fail one...legal or not.
If you have a cdl(I do), and you test positive for weed, or fail a breathalyzer, you get fired and lose your license. You obviously also go to jail if this happens while you are driving.
Weed is no worse than alcohol, and is much better in so many ways.
If you want to drink alcohol in a bar or restaurant, and act civilly and do not drive, that is fine.
Just as if you drink on or inside personal property.
You also need to possess alcohol if you are to buy it at the store to take home.
Who wants to be arrested for posession of alcohol while sober? No one.
Same goes for weed. If you want to smoke it in or on private property, or at a legal business, so be it.
No one should be arrested for possessing weed taking it to where you privately smoke it.
They are pulled over for a minor traffic violation, and sober, officer says "I smell weed", and off to jail you go. BS!
Considering weed a gateway drug is also total nonsense. "I think I'll try heroin because I tried weed, whether I liked weed or not". BS.
People will try whatever they like.
Raise your children well and as you see fit, but unfortunately it guarantees nothing as to what they will do/try in their lives.
A lot of people don't like you or me(or any of us)on our sportbikes, but not all of us drive recklessly in traffic on public roads either.
If someone wants to smoke weed without harming others, so be it. It is not the governments business to say otherwise.
There are countless idiots amped up or burned out on legal prescription drugs that are far more a danger driving and to society than the folks who just want to smoke weed...and hang out, be mellow, and bother no one. Nobody starts bar fights because they smoked too much weed, but drunks do it every day.
Prohibition of alcohol created the mafia, which is alive and well today, after prohibition is long gone; nearly a century later.
Weed was made illegal by deception and to help promote a politicians personal career. He made nieve America belive it cuased insanity and bred serial killers. His heroic actions made him a star politician.
Do you know the side effects of weed? They are; happy, hungry, and sleepy. They also ease pain and nausea of cancer patients and many other disease and illness.
Did you also know that if you do not burn marijuana that it does not have the euphoric effect/high? But what it does have are many amazing medical benefits. It is treating and curing many illnesses? Now knowing that, who in the world would want to make such a substance illegal?
Our government! Why? Because big drug companies wouldn't be rich and couldn't line politicians pockets if something natural was safe and worked better.
If YOU don't like weed, that is ok. That is your right and I'm not trying to change your mind.
But to stand in the way of it's legalization is to stand behind the government that wants to take YOUR rights and mine away(and likely eventually will).
It's also a true statement that if you've never tried something, you cannot speak truly about it, as you have know personal experience with it.
I couldn't tell you the first thing about jumping out of a plane, but I smoked my share of weed growing up; before family, job, and life responsibilities made it so I could not, as it would be careless in my position.
Kicking back on the couch drinking a beer(which I'de be willing to bet you've done at some point) is no different than kicking back on the couch smoking weed. One person likes one and dislikes the other, it's a personal preference. It should also be a legal choice.:beerchug:

I dont smoke weed and dont do drugs.....That prefaces what i am about to say...The one and only reason weed is illegal is because the government hadnt figured out a way to tax it. Thats the plain simple truth. No different then moon shine. Its illegal because it can be made at home and not taxed. Once a moon shiner goes "legit" then its legal because they can tax it. Plain simple truth. That being said i wouldnt smoke weed anyway. I am not into mind altering drugs. I have enough problems without adding that type of addiction to the list.

I find it incredibly amusing that so many here will go on for days and pages arguing their right to gun ownership, screaming about the fact that it's not the gun that kills people, it's people that kill people, and I've watched some huge fights here over gov't control vs. your individual rights, yet when it comes to marijuana? Oh no, for the goodness and well-being of society, we can't allow that to be legal - it kills, it leads to crime, it leads to moral decay - we have to let the gov't step in here and keep us safe, yet you'd fight to the death to hold your gun, and why? Just because it's a constitutional right? Or because it's a right AND you know in your heart you're a capable adult that can make the rational decision to own one? I mean, surely you wouldn't want just anyone owning a gun, right? Do you want to gov't to mandate what kind of gun you're allowed to own? Absolutely not, but they're doing just that aren't they? It's silly, and I've watched you guys here go on rants over the very idea of gov't controlling the very type of gun you can purchase, yet many of those same people think it's OK to shut down the rights of others based on what? Your personal beliefs? There's about 50% of the population that could argue the very same back to you over the gun stance, because "Why do you need an AK-47?" It's dangerous, right?

Rational adults should be allowed to make decisions for themselves, whether it's purchasing/owning a gun, buying alcohol or buying marijuana if it's been legalized...crazy isn't it?

Arguing over the legality of marijuana in Colorado - that's pointless too, seeing that it's now legal. If you'd like to discuss the legality of speeding on a Busa, let's discuss that. Fairly certain every single Busa rider here has and does break the law, and endangers others by doing so because those laws are there to protect, right?

Me illegally speed on a Busa? NEVER!!!!. These machines do suffer seriously from faulty equipment though, can't believe what that speedometer needle does sometimes?

About the Pot, all I can say is I am pleased that both my kids are graduates, established and employed in professional positions and they do not smoke pot, or tobacco for that matter.

Back