So sad

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Well its been a few weeks...

GEAR GEAR GEAR

Folks this is the exact same thing that happened to me, truck didnt see me because of another vehicle... Difference is that I was wearing my gear, all of it...... I was going twice as fast too......

Please gear up, what a waste..

RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE AS

https://www.hayabusa.org/captain-images/crash.avi

Corrupted file? This is what it says.

RIFF|￾*AVI LISTv"hdrlavih8@Å“P \hLIST￾strlstrh8vidsxvid2 ÿÿÿÿshstrf((hxvidsJUNK00dc

Ride like you're "invisible" because you ARE invisible. So BE invisible. "HEY LOOK, I'm INVISIBLE !!!!"..........how 'bout that
rock.gif
?........

super.gif
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

Having hit my head after falling in a parking lot you'll never catch me riding without a helmet.

Long story short, I was running through a parking lot, fell (thanks Brian for shoving me), and hit the back of my head.  So, I was moving about 10 mph.  I was knocked silly and don't remember much of the rest of that evening although I do remember my buddy trying to get me to go to the hospital and I wouldn't.  Got up the next morning and felt like warmed over death.  Took a look at myself in the bathroom mirror and both of my eyes looked like Mike Tyson had done a number on me.  They were completely black and not blue.

I hauled my ass to the hospital and found out I had a small fracture in my skull, some bleeding in my brain, and both of my ears were full of blood behind the ear drums (this explained why I couldn't hear very well).  The black eyes came from my brain slamming against the back of skull and then bouncing back which broke blood vessels around my eyes.  I spent the night there under observation and missed 2 weeks of work after that.  Hell, I needed a wheelchair ride out because I didn't know the way out nor could I walk that well.

All of this because I fell in a parking lot.  You will never catch me riding without a helmet.  I have heard all the arguments for not wearing one and frankly it just makes me mad to listen to them.  

My mishap was minor compared to the sad story in the linked video.  Somebody lost their life because they didn't wear the gear.  I'm just trying to illustrate through my own experience how easy it is to injure your head and hopefully convince any of you helmet naysayers to wear that helmet at a minimum!

Steve

That is so sad, Just another reason for one to put on a helmet every time!

My kids dont play on any wheeled device Bicycle, skate board, roller blades, or those dam Heelys!
I bet most if not all of you can go to a local mall/shopping center and find some kid in there with mom and or dad wizzing around on the hard marble floor with a pair of Heelys on and no other gear!

Ya got the gear, wear it!!

I saw a squ--- I mean a guy just starting from a light. He wasn't moving 10 MPH and the back tire hit something slippery. Well, down he went and the bike landed on his right leg and groung off all of the skin... all in about 10 feet. His flip-flops were OK though.

I wish there was a universal comdemnation finger gesture we could use for these folks.

400,000+ miles on bikes since 1963---never down. There IS A REASON!

You really would think a 20 year police veteran would be wearing a lid...

While no one should pay with their lives because of a bit of stupidity, why would a such an experienced rider even leave the driveway without a helmet??

I don't get it.

Such a needless lose of life.
Rest in Peace

I feel bad for him... he has to wake up to finding out his wife had died... he may also have to live with the fact that it was preventable.. explain that to the kids/grandkids... ouch

Back