So I wanted a .308

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
So, went to the gunrange with some friends for some much needed "Group Therapy" (Shooting bottles and targets), and my bud Clawson brought his 10 gauge... Well, the only ammo we could find were slugs. HOLY CRAP THAT WAS FUN! Shot a 2 liter of grape soda at 25 yds, and vaporized it. It smelled like grape soda at the bench. I want a shotgun and some slugs now! I'm thinking a 12 gauge Mossberg pump, pistol grip with a folding stock. Yeah, that sounds good...

I thought of that, and eventually, I hope too. Someday, when I complete my gun collection that isn't even started, I'll have a .50BMG too... oooooohhhhhh.... Big boom....

Jaysus! Do not get a mossberg. Like buying a kawasaki. Get a Remington 870.
thumb_up.gif

I won a trophy recently, well sort of recently, with a Benelli.

Darned fine shootin iron that'n!

If you're just looking for home protection and shooting watermelons get the Mossberg 500, 12G...inexpensive and effective (I have a parkerized model with optional pistol grip).  I used it a couple of weeks ago (with the full stock on) to shoot sporting clays for the first time and was hitting doubles often, so not bad at range as well.  I typically use my over/under shotgun for shooting clays and keep the Mossberg for unexpexted home use. Since the heat has kicked up the neighborhood has FL panthers and bobcats hanging out in the shade on the cool concrete porches around here - and I live in Disney-esque suburbia.

Mossberg.jpg

Ok I was about to buy a Mossberg 590 Special Purpose. Just looking for a cheap and reliable home defense weapon.

Cblast, what's the deal with Mossberg? Not a good idea?

Ok I was about to buy a Mossberg 590 Special Purpose.  Just looking for a cheap and reliable home defense weapon.

Cblast, what's the deal with Mossberg?  Not a good idea?
From a printed gun review:
"Mossberg 590 is extremely rugged and reliable gun. It is adopted by US Marine Corps and by many Police depts and Law enforcement agencies across the USA."

He's just a Remington man - nothing wrong with that - but there's nothing "wrong" with the Mossberg.

I really like my Winchester Model 1300 Defender. FWIW...

But seriously Ben, just focus on what you NEED, you've got way too much going on to be futzing with this or that firearm...
thumb_up.gif

i need to renew my concealed license before i go start to collect again

So, went to the gunrange with some friends for some much needed "Group Therapy" (Shooting bottles and targets), and my bud Clawson brought his 10 gauge... Well, the only ammo we could find were slugs. HOLY CRAP THAT WAS FUN! Shot a 2 liter of grape soda at 25 yds, and vaporized it. It smelled like grape soda at the bench. I want a shotgun and some slugs now! I'm thinking a 12 gauge Mossberg pump, pistol grip with a folding stock. Yeah, that sounds good...
Ben, already got it, 12 Gauge Mossberg Tactical shorty w Pistol grip and I only keep slugs with it
heart.gif
BTW, yup it's in the house but it really belongs to Mrs. Lycan! Got my own Annie Oakley
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

If you're just looking for home protection and shooting watermelons get the Mossberg 500, 12G...inexpensive and effective (I have a parkerized model with optional pistol grip).  I used it a couple of weeks ago (with the full stock on) to shoot sporting clays for the first time and was hitting doubles often, so not bad at range as well.  I typically use my over/under shotgun for shooting clays and keep the Mossberg for unexpexted home use.  Since the heat has kicked up the neighborhood has FL panthers and bobcats hanging out in the shade on the cool concrete porches around here - and I live in Disney-esque suburbia.
hey Easy! I forget you live in FLA I will let you know when Im coming down in October so we can ride!
peace.gif

I got a 10ga NEF Turkey gun and an 870 SP Turkey. Along with an 870 Super Mag that only gets the nod during dove season.

For home defense I have a 1960's vintage Mossberg 500 PE. Fully stocked(6 rounds) with 3" 0000 buckshot. Across the average room in a house it will darn near cut a man in 1/2. This is backed up by a 6.5" Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 mag and a Ruger SP101 in 357 mag.

ME likes guns!!!
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

Back