So how many of us old guys came back for the Gen3 talk?

I was responding to macka when he said I must be drinking to make the comment. I know it's all in fun.

Me, I’m gonna grab a new one, just figuring out colors
I would like to retract my previous comment , I’ll keep the Gen 1, and the B-King, bikes a absolute joke, less power more weight then gen2. Damnit was really excited too.

@WuzzaCBXRider still a busa but the sharper front, the mirrors, lower more swept back hump, the exhaust hangers, the wheels. Maybe all of that was just to loose weight but it's extremely doubtful they weren't thinking about the ZX-14 when they put any kind of grills on a busa. I know liter bikes are being equipt with winglets lately but I don't see those fins on the Gen3 serving any purpose for high speed stability.
y.png

Last edited:
@WuzzaCBXRider still a busa but the sharper front, the mirrors, lower more swept back hump, the exhaust hangers, the wheels. Maybe all of that was just to loose weight but it's extremely doubtful they weren't thinking about the ZX-14 when they put any kind of grills on a busa. I know liter bikes are being equipt with winglets lately but I don't see those fins on the Gen3 serving any purpose for high speed stability.View attachment 1631990
I think the gen 2.5 is the best looking Hayabusa yet...everything flows nicely on it.

...except that exhaust that is....

I still visit on occasion. I am a little disappointed by the Gen 3. It wouldn't have been a big deal if it came out in 2012. I still feel more power would have been nice and perhaps make us excited once an ECU flash was done. The few upgrades and features are something that should have happened years ago.

I do like the looks but again, where were you in 2012? We should be discussing the Gen 4 today. Maybe they did more than we think and an ECU flash will remove the Pussy mode and bring on the Smackdown mode?

Back