Members who have left us on a busa?

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
Another org member in Florida is dead this morning due to a single bike crash. Apparently due to "failure to negotiate" a corner. After reading the local news article I began to think about how many .org members we have lost over my ten year tenure here? I don't think there has been a single season that one or more hasn't been lost. In 2011 one of our local forum members (SpeedGeek) lost his life on his beloved busa in a single bike crash (Failure to negotiate a corner) in Eastern Oregon on a road he was very familiar with.

Does anyone know how many members we have lost? Would be interesting to know.

If you know a member who has lost his/her life while on two wheels, post up a screen name, year and state. A reality check may be good for us all.

Hey cap...tried to add our most recent loss to the group "Never Forgotten" and it's not working...

Methyman, Matthew Miranda...

**edit - I figured it out...

Last edited:
Thanks Cap, I've never noticed that forum before. Alarming at the number of members who have passed on.

Thanks Cap, I've never noticed that forum before. Alarming at the number of members who have passed on.

Yes sir, it get's very personal quick when you can say that you have ridden on the street with some of them... We have had some great members lose their lives on the street. Life is very fragile and in the blink of an eye they were gone... Many of those folks on that page were huge contributors to the site and made a lot of friends here... I think that Flying Swan / Bog were the first of our members to go... There is a crazy ironic story there that someone should share with the group....

cap

Yes sir, it get's very personal quick when you can say that you have ridden on the street with some of them... We have had some great members lose their lives on the street. Life is very fragile and in the blink of an eye they were gone... Many of those folks on that page were huge contributors to the site and made a lot of friends here... I think that Flying Swan / Bog were the first of our members to go... There is a crazy ironic story there that someone should share with the group....

cap

Flying Swan was one of the first ladies I talked to here...she seemed incredibly cool... :)

All I know of that story is that she lost her boyfriend, Bog, in a crash...later, she died pretty much in the same way. They were both careful riders and gear nazis which always makes this even harder for fellow riders. Kind of like losing Don - guy seemed to do everything right, and he still was a victim to circumstances he never could have planned for. Bog and Flying Swan's tragedies are kind of a blur now; it was when I was still pretty new here, but so tragic.

Yep, we've lost some great ones :down:

There's a used car dealer near my house. A couple years ago, they had a Gen 1 on the lot for several months. I looked at it, but it was out of my price range, and I ended up buying off craigs out of state. Anyway, fast forward to last spring. My wife and I went to that dealer to look at a car. The topic of Hayabusa came up somehow, and the sales guy said: "yeah, we had a Hayabusa on the lot for a while last year. The guy who bought it took it for a ride up the canyon, crashed it, and died."

It was a reality check for me. It hit really close to home. Unfortunately, my wife was part of the conversation. Fortunately, she trusts my skills and still gets on the back of the bike with me.

Sorry this wasn't exactly on topic, but it was close.

I know at least two of those members did not die riding.

Yeah, good catch... That page is for members that we know have passed.. I can tell you though that most of them died in a crash.. We tried to capture news articles and post them when we could.

Had one of my best friends died on his hayabusa last year, Tim Foster, I don't think he was a member here, but he had a 03 turbo busa, then had a 08 orange n black busa, he was a busa fanatic, loved them.

Rip "turbo Tim"

I remember sitting next to MacFast on the bench at the Dragon last year like it was yesterday.
He was asking Earlybird to follow his son up and down and help him a bit. Then he was talking to himself about whether or not he wanted to go back up and down again. We talked for a few more moments and then rode on.
It was only a few days after the Bash ended he passed wasn't it?

Macfast at the CRoT 4.19.12 - Hayabusa Owners Group Gallery

I'm sure it's not a complete list either. Many of us don't have wives/husbands who ride and or don't post to the busa forums. So if something happened, you guys would not be made aware.

PS: Not the kind of thread I like to read just before heading out on the bike.

Pretty sad subject.

Despite so many riders who left us, we should not fear riding.

Tuf, like your new signature.

I remember sitting next to MacFast on the bench at the Dragon last year like it was yesterday.
He was asking Earlybird to follow his son up and down and help him a bit. Then he was talking to himself about whether or not he wanted to go back up and down again. We talked for a few more moments and then rode on.
It was only a few days after the Bash ended he passed wasn't it?

Macfast at the CRoT 4.19.12 - Hayabusa Owners Group Gallery
He was a good dude. Anyone who never spent a few minutes with Greg really missed out. Loved Blues Music. Brought my '06 home from the bash without a word. Hard to find folks like that now-a-days, but I run into them all the time through the oRg.

Back