smoked turn signal lenses

hemi

Registered
interested in buying some smoke turn signal lenses (front and rear), what are the best to get. Links would be appreciated, i'm a little lazy sometimes to search.

The "cheapest" is probably the spray paint tint kit they have at auto parts stores.
Posted via Mobile Device

heres mine, painted

IMG_4060.jpg

IMG_4040.jpg

man i love forums, u guys are genius's. Not sure why i didn't think of it before, but i have a can of spray tint for rc truck bodies that is meant for plastic/polycarbonate bodies. Just pulled the rear signals off and sprayed them real quick to see how they turn out. Gonna see what they look like and then do the front. How difficult is it to pop the front signals off?

Here's a pic of my '08 ("Wasabi") on Clear Alternatives website :whistle:

Clear Alternatives: GSXR1300 (BUSA)

I them them front & rear on the '08.

Are you looking for Gen1 or Gen2? You can find them both on Clear Alternative's site.

Clear Alternatives is as close to 'factory' as you'll find.

:beerchug:

In fact, if you search the .oRg, you'll find two articles I wrote about them...

Good luck!

Here's the problem w/ Clear Alternatives....the front lenses may or may not be in stock... and the rears....well don't go holding your breath. I've been getting the "any day now" answer for months from them on the rears :banghead:
The customer service is very shoddy and they have not updated their website in over two years. I don't think they understand the full potential of what they could tap into if they just invested a 'lil back into their website and actually had someone that knew what they were doing when it comes to working w/ their supplier.

I do however agree that if you are able to get the smoked lenses from them...they are the best fitting and the cleanest looking option out there.

You can find them both on Clear Alternative's site.

Clear Alternatives is as close to 'factory' as you'll find.

Just ordered a set for Brian yesterday and spoke to the CA folks also to hand walk that order through. Was assured they had the front & rear in smoke in stock. Will follow up with them on Monday.

They are getting a 40 ft shipping container on Monday that should restock a lot their stuff. Still another month on the LED turn signals for Gen-I. :(

Here's the problem w/ Clear Alternatives....the front lenses may or may not be in stock... and the rears....well don't go holding your breath. I've been getting the "any day now" answer for months from them on the rears :banghead:
The customer service is very shoddy and they have not updated their website in over two years. I don't think they understand the full potential of what they could tap into if they just invested a 'lil back into their website and actually had someone that knew what they were doing when it comes to working w/ their supplier.

I do however agree that if you are able to get the smoked lenses from them...they are the best fitting and the cleanest looking option out there.

All 3 times that I have ordered from them it has been a painless experience. It did take an extra 2 weeks this past time to get my smoked rears, but it wasn't that big of a deal. I ordered the fronts the first time I ordered from them, then ordered the rear set in blue, but just changed them to the smoke. They emailed me and let me know it would be 2 or 3 weeks when I ordered this past time. In my experience with them they have had great customre service and were everything that I would expect from a business.

man i love forums, u guys are genius's. Not sure why i didn't think of it before, but i have a can of spray tint for rc truck bodies that is meant for plastic/polycarbonate bodies. Just pulled the rear signals off and sprayed them real quick to see how they turn out. Gonna see what they look like and then do the front. How difficult is it to pop the front signals off?

they just dont pop out,have to remove screws from the backside.i tinted my rears and then looked at front ,to lazy to start digging around to see what has to be removed.maybe front nose piece removal? not sure though

Agreed. Nice products when you can get them but crap company. Indefinite back order on just about everything and they won't inform you of that until you call them when your order hasn't turned up after a month or two, at which time they'll be hostile.

the rear turn signals turned out pretty good that i tinted, look pretty slick. Was thinkin about doin the fronts, but i'm just gonna leave them alone. I like the back one's smoke to blend in with the black tail. Thinkin about doin the tail light to match, but don't want to risk my safety. It would definitely make the rear end look better though. Can't decide

the rear turn signals turned out pretty good that i tinted, look pretty slick. Was thinkin about doin the fronts, but i'm just gonna leave them alone. I like the back one's smoke to blend in with the black tail. Thinkin about doin the tail light to match, but don't want to risk my safety. It would definitely make the rear end look better though. Can't decide

ok I'll be the bad guy here...

PICS!!!!! or it didnt happen.

:worthless:

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

sorry i forgot, been a little while since i've been on the forums. Here's a few quick pics of the lenses. They turned out almost black, but the signals are still very visible when the blinkers are on

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

View attachment 179614

View attachment 179615

View attachment 179616

sorry i forgot, been a little while since i've been on the forums. Here's a few quick pics of the lenses. They turned out almost black, but the signals are still very visible when the blinkers are on

See now that's what I'm talking about! Very nice :thumbsup:

So you used the Pactra Window Tint R/C Finish Spray correct? How many coats to get it to that shade? And do you have any tips or suggestions?

I used the Night shade spray paint on my headlight and it came out to dark. To remove it I'll have to strip it and clear coat it again. Once I get it done I'm gonna just use a light film tint on the headlight.

yep, used pactra rc spray tint. Did about 2 or 3 coats until i got them to the shade i was looking for. I had the pactra tint spray laying around bc i have painted quite a few bodies for my rc trucks, and use this stuff to tint the windows all the time. I'm hoping it will hold up good bc it's meant for polycarbonate/lexan

Back