Has anyone found good LED taillights and turn signals?

cyclefarm

Registered
I want smoked taillight and turn signals for my Gen 2. I'm thinking LEDs. I've been researching this a lot and here's what I've learned:

Clear Alternatives has become Moto Lume. The Moto Lume website is sketchy, can't even see product pics. Several old posts here discuss fitment problems and burnt out LEDs. Many of the links in the posts here are now bad (old).

I don't want to paint my stock lenses. I don't need integrated turn signals.

I want:
1. plug and play
2. as bright as or brighter than stock
3. normal flash rate
4. durability

Wondered about the PPM or billetbikeparts4u kits on ebay but leary of paying $160 for something that won't work or last.

Does anyone here have the definite word on smoked LED turn signals and taillights? Thanks!

You don't want 2 paint your signals but that's what a lot people do to achieve that look. All I can say is keep checking ebay on the regular and maybe you'll luck out and find somebody selling a used set like your looking for

I bought a cheapo smoked led taillight for my gen2 for less than $40 on ebay.
It was on the bike for over 2 1/2 years when I traded it and never gave me any problems.
It was just as bright, if not brighter than stock(I rode behind a friend on my bike day and night to see).
The leds are much more eye catching than stock though, so the idiot behind you that's about to run you over, is more likely to see it than the stock taillight.

The turn signals pictured are from Clear Alternatives, which is now Moto Lume, these aren't led, but are just as bright as stock. Front were smoked too.

Here, $20 shipped(same place I got mine, prices have come down over the last few years), and from a good seller. Definitely worth trying, and looks much better in person than the pic in the ad.

2008 2011 Suzuki Hayabusa GSXR1300 Smoke LED Tail Light | eBay

SDC10924.jpg

SDC10925.jpg

Thanks sixpack, that's what I was looking for, will probably spring for that light on ebay and maybe try the PPM turn signals.

Not really sure what "wrong thread" (accidently hit reply I suppose), and "tax return time" (I'll be sending a big check in a couple weeks to BO) means?

And wrapping? Hmmmm...

Bought the LED tail on ebay from d2moto, got it already, installed today. It is a Volar brand. Took a little research to figure out the wiring but got it installed this afternoon. Looks great! Thanks six.

I ordered some smoked Chinese turn signal lenses, decided to stay with the incandescent bulbs. Will post pics when they arrive on the slow boat from China.

Got the LED taillight installed, and the smoke turn signal lens, stayed with standard turn signal bulbs. Very happy!!! Man I'm cold....

busaledtail.jpg

Run LEDs or chrome amber bulbs for rear turn signals. Cleans up the look of the smoked lenses.

I've been thinking about going smoke on the taillight and signals. Do any of you guys have problems with law enforcement (frequent stops or tickets)? What about visibility (bright enough)?

JPunisher

I tinted mine with film ! They are still very bright they just really tone down the color of the signal housings not the light ! It's only cost about 10$ to do all the lights minus the headlight!

I've been thinking about going smoke on the taillight and signals. Do any of you guys have problems with law enforcement (frequent stops or tickets)? What about visibility (bright enough)?

JPunisher

The smoked turn signals are just as bright as stock.
The led taillight is also as bright as stock, but as already said, the leds are more eye catching and noticeable.
Both appear as stock, and you literally cannot tell that the lenses are tinted on either when the lights are on, day or night.

This does not apply to HotBodies black out lenses or lense covers. They are Dark, and the lights are much less visible.

Back