Small town living - a few perks

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
So we moved out to the eastern end of long island a few months back to get into a better school district and larger house. The area is really great, lots of down to earth "real" people, something you dont find in a lot of places on long island or most anywhere these days.

Today we got a visit from Santa :cool: Any other folks live in villages or towns do this?

santaarrives.jpg

girlswsanta.jpg

I love small town life. I spent 10 years living in the city, and moved back out the first chance I got.

What's funny is I read your post earlier and was sad that my town didn't do that.....but they just came by with santa on the truck!

Things like this really add to the feel of community to me.

Merry Christmas all :)

They actually delivered gifts to the girls, they go to each kid's house in the community and give each one a toy. I was amazed, in other areas they rode past on the truck with the lights sirens but never gave out toys :bowdown:

Last edited:
Nice! Real people and traffic are two things I miss living in the city. I'll be moving away from the city as soon as my house sells.

Really neat! I'm looking forward to getting out of the city myself ;)

Small towns are great. We went to Valdosta today shopping (mistake). I wouldn't live there and have to fight that traffic. I'd have a nervous breakdown in less than a week. I live about 4 miles out of Norman Park which is a very small town. If I could get all I needed from there, I would never even go to Moultrie. I'm a country guy and like staying home unless I'm riding the Busa.

Last edited:
Small town living is GREAT. Room to breathe. Wnter 2007 and last summer. I will never move.

IMG_0220 (Large).jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

That's a nice place Drew. Grew up in what I call a big city, been living in small town U.S.A. for close to 30 years. Both have pros and cons.

There's people around here that know more about me than I do :laugh:

Thats great for the kids! I didnt live in a "small" town but every christmas my dad would dress up as santa and walk down the road and wave to all the kids. Good times!

Back