So much for that small town ... safer BS

S-R Racing

Registered
I've always liked our city of 20,000 or so people,it still had that small town vibe to it,but yet just big enough to have nearly all of what you need without having to drive an hour and twenty to get to KC. Just the usual little town crime, DUI's,a good fight at the bar makes it to the paper once in a while but still no gangs, drive-bys, murders,etc. We just got a Lowes about a year ago and a super Wal-Mart a couple of years before that. And then... about 3:30, me and one of my sub-cons are on our way back to the job site from Lowes getting our materials for an early start tomorrow when what seems like a parade of our entire city & county police force is burning south going way faster than we've ever seen before??? After what some 15-20 units past us going the other way, Shannon commented,"That must be one helluva wreck!" I said, "Yea, must be.", and we went on our way. Upon getting home about 5:30, I found out that the BTC Bank-thats at the end of the Lowes strip mall- was robbed around 3:20 this afternoon! I havent heard any more details other than the robbers fled east on US 36. We drove right past it as we left Lowes without missing a beat. It won't be long now and the rest of the trash will soon show up:banghead:

I've always liked our city of 20,000 or so people,it still had that small town vibe to it,but yet just big enough to have nearly all of what you need without having to drive an hour and twenty to get to KC. Just the usual little town crime, DUI's,a good fight at the bar makes it to the paper once in a while but still no gangs, drive-bys, murders,etc. We just got a Lowes about a year ago and a super Wal-Mart a couple of years before that. And then... about 3:30, me and one of my sub-cons are on our way back to the job site from Lowes getting our materials for an early start tomorrow when what seems like a parade of our entire city & county police force is burning south going way faster than we've ever seen before??? After what some 15-20 units past us going the other way, Shannon commented,"That must be one helluva wreck!" I said, "Yea, must be.", and we went on our way. Upon getting home about 5:30, I found out that the BTC Bank-thats at the end of the Lowes strip mall- was robbed around 3:20 this afternoon! I havent heard any more details other than the robbers fled east on US 36. We drove right past it as we left Lowes without missing a beat. It won't be long now and the rest of the trash will soon show up:banghead:

John , Remember I was working with you all day ! :laugh:

I hate when bad things start happening in good places. My home town was like that. Growing up, everybody knew everybody. Now so many are moving from the big city to get away from it all, but they're making the population grow faster each year. I remeber my first year in our new high school. The following year it was already getting over crowded. Having a lot more robberies and stuff.

Where you live at? I was working about an hour n of KC last year. Prob some rednecks. We get that from time to time where I live. There was a group that robbed all the local bank and got away in the wal mart parking lot. Another time they crawled through the drive through at McD's, robbed it, and locked everyone in the walk in. lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bummer! Hopefully it was just transients and not any locals. When times get rough stuff like this increase. Desperate people do desperate things....

I wouldn't say 20K is a small town, but look where I come from , this incident changed my views of what can happen anywhere.

This event hapened in a town with a population of 303 people. ( Where I lived in VT at the time )

This happened in 2001.

Belvidere, Vermont - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was 299 after the incident.

HYDE PARK On Tuesday, October 21, Lamoille County State's Attorney
Joel Page and defense attorney Bob Katims chose 12 jurors and three
alternates to sit and listen to what is expected to be a week-long trial
of accused quadruple murderer Douglas Provost.
"We're not going to cut corners, we're not going to be rushing," Page
said to the potential jurors.
Provost allegedly shot and killed Mitchell Bishop Jr., Jessica Bishop,
George Weatherwax and Derek Davis at Mitchell Bishop's rambling mobile
home in Belvidere July 13, 2001. They were allegedly shot with a .22
caliber pistol Provost has stated he brought into the home to sell or
trade for drugs.
During the six hour voir dire proceedings, the 15 member panel of jurors
was culled from a group of approximately 55 citizens. After court broke
for lunch, Judge Edward Cashman asked that S.A. Page limit his comment
during questioning to speed up the proceedings.
Provost was dressed in a blue and white striped shirt, black pants and
had a freshly shaven head. He was silent for the proceedings and kept
his head down.
Security for the event was greater than usual, as was expected after the
judge met with Sheriff Roger Marcoux, Jr. last week to discuss the
issue. Relatives and friends of the victims were in the courtroom
gallery.
The Provost trial was to resume Wednesday morning, October 22.

John , Remember I was working with you all day ! :laugh:
Whats with the names, yer blowin' it LOL
Where you live at? I was working about an hour n of KC last year. Prob some rednecks. We get that from time to time where I live. There was a group that robbed all the local bank and got away in the wal mart parking lot. Another time they crawled through the drive through at McD's, robbed it, and locked everyone in the walk in. lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chillicothe,MO- pretty much the hub of No. central MO, US65 & US36

Last edited:
I was in st joe. I wouldn't let it get to you man. If that's all that happens there this year your probably better off than most places.
Posted via Mobile Device

I wouldn't say 20K is a small town, but look where I come from , this incident changed my views of what can happen anywhere.

This event hapened in a town with a population of 303 people. ( Where I lived in VT at the time )

This happened in 2001.

Belvidere, Vermont - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was 299 after the incident.

HYDE PARK On Tuesday, October 21, Lamoille County State's Attorney
Joel Page and defense attorney Bob Katims chose 12 jurors and three
alternates to sit and listen to what is expected to be a week-long trial
of accused quadruple murderer Douglas Provost.
"We're not going to cut corners, we're not going to be rushing," Page
said to the potential jurors.
Provost allegedly shot and killed Mitchell Bishop Jr., Jessica Bishop,
George Weatherwax and Derek Davis at Mitchell Bishop's rambling mobile
home in Belvidere July 13, 2001. They were allegedly shot with a .22
caliber pistol Provost has stated he brought into the home to sell or
trade for drugs.
During the six hour voir dire proceedings, the 15 member panel of jurors
was culled from a group of approximately 55 citizens. After court broke
for lunch, Judge Edward Cashman asked that S.A. Page limit his comment
during questioning to speed up the proceedings.
Provost was dressed in a blue and white striped shirt, black pants and
had a freshly shaven head. He was silent for the proceedings and kept
his head down.
Security for the event was greater than usual, as was expected after the
judge met with Sheriff Roger Marcoux, Jr. last week to discuss the
issue. Relatives and friends of the victims were in the courtroom
gallery.
The Provost trial was to resume Wednesday morning, October 22.

Beyond sad, any more the stuff on the news & the extent of the pure madness doesn't really even shock me any more-just the results of the trials and the fact that removing these monsters from the face of this earth is considered a violation of their civil rights-I'm an eye for an eye man myself, in a slow kinda way,pluckin' the eye out with a fork so they can look themself in the eye, but that might also offend the defendants family:banghead:

I was in st joe. I wouldn't let it get to you man. If that's all that happens there this year your probably better off than most places.
Posted via Mobile Device

Very true, watching the nitely news out of KC still makes me quite happy where we call home. During the summer I head to St Joe about every other month, pretty good back roads over that way. On a Saturday,theres about 20 or so bikes that meet on the belt, then hit the sticks for some fun riding

Rural Missouri is the meth capital of the world, with southern Illinois close behind.....
Probably some junky losers out for dope money........

When times are tough for regular people, they are tough for crooks also. They venture out to places they normally wouldn't go; sad it's now happening in these nice small towns.... :(

It's sad... I used to want to move from my small town of about 10,000... But I'm starting to like it. And of course, once I start to like it, MS13 starts moving in. Apparently they are taking over "The Coal Road", a little dirt road everybody used to go on to hang out, drink, or whatever else... Now it's a drug running line about 4 miles from my house. I like my small town, I wish this stuff would stay out.

It all started with Tombstone. Man that was a great small town until the whole OK Corral thing.

I guess I have to put this in a piliticaly correct manner, but it seems like when the population starts turning foreign (not just mexican), everything goes to pieces. The different racial, and ethnic groups start fighting and trying to claim "territory". The best thing to do is if a verified member of MS13 is seen..shoot them and keep on getting it. The judicial system protects them. We, as Americans have to learn to stand on our own feet and start taking care of these "problems" by ourselves.
Maybe, just maybe after a few of them were taken care of they may get the idea and leave!

I guess I have to put this in a piliticaly correct manner, but it seems like when the population starts turning foreign (not just mexican), everything goes to pieces. The different racial, and ethnic groups start fighting and trying to claim "territory". The best thing to do is if a verified member of MS13 is seen..shoot them and keep on getting it. The judicial system protects them. We, as Americans have to learn to stand on our own feet and start taking care of these "problems" by ourselves.
Maybe, just maybe after a few of them were taken care of they may get the idea and leave!

Probably not. MS13 is a violent, no mercy gang (as I understand). If they start getting killed randomly, they'll probably kill randomly right back.

Native Americans tried this and well it did not work out so good for them.

Probably not. MS13 is a violent, no mercy gang (as I understand). If they start getting killed randomly, they'll probably kill randomly right back.

Too late- I'm an advid veiwer of the history channel, they ran a series called Gangland, which gives a history of the various gangs & thug groups from around the world. It seems about 99% of these 'groups' have found a cozy little home in most large US populus centers & suburbs. The MS13 gangs are some of the very worst there is, and do the random killing spree as a form of entertainment. I had always thought later in life because I'm not a fan of the cold or snow anymore,that I would some day relocate in the southwest to enjoy the year round riding and warmer climate. After being a little better informed,thats the last place I'd want to go. Dino refered to Tombstone-at least back then for the most part the bad elements were removed and delt with in a very swift & cost effective manner that kept the jails rather small:bowdown: A mans word and his handshake commanded trust and respect as well:thumbsup: So much for progress??? The bank robbery was a shocker but, compared to the majority of my fellow orgsters who live in the larger citys,life here is still easy. Even being a LEO,who carry some type of sidearm as part of their jobs, don't have a fair chance when faced down with military grade fire power in the hands of someone who has no morals or the slightest value of life. Often anymore I'm glad I'm not 20 something, when that generation gets to be seniors, being 'put out of your misery' may be a blessing to the bigger majority

What get's me is it's like a lot of these Gangsters were kids who grew up hearing gangsta rap like 50cent, and how awesome and tuff he is, so they wanna be like him, then they go out and let the lower income areas turn into a ghetto here... It wasn't a ghetto before, just a lower income area... Now it's almost scary to go there, not knowing if you'll get carjacked or shot at by a "Gangsta". (I'm making another thread, cause I feel this going it's own route and don't wanna thread jack)

Last edited:
Back