Small shot to help spool

juissed

Registered
Anyone running a small shot to help spool? Not having much luck brakeboosting, so looking for something to help out with rolls.

Was looking at doing a small dry shot like a 22 jet. (I'm not new to nitrous or turbos, and understand it will put down almost double the hp it's jetted for)

RCC Ultra, AMS1000, GT35R @ 40psi, etc.

We had a small dry shot set up on our old shop bike for awhile. it was set up to come on through ecu editor, then we had a Hobbs switch it line to shut the solinoid off at 3 or 5psi.

What rpm are you trying to brake boost at? I've brake boosted 40rs to 8 psi before with ease.

~6-7k rpm

How exactly are you brakeboosting- both front & rear brakes? It's so much sketchier doing this on a bike rather than a car. :whistle:

Good brake pads, and only use the rear. Put your heel on the brake lever if you need to and literally stand on the lever. NEVER brake boost with the front brakes.

Got it- Rear has a galfner wave and double h pads, so hopefully that's enough.

Thanks for the tips. Gotta get this thing dialed in before next month. :beerchug:

Yes just make sure you break in the pads per what EBC says, they are like hitting a wall when you hit the brake when broken in properly.

You may be the only one out doing work, the owner of the serenity Busa was in a motorcycle accident a few weeks ago on his other turbo bike. Not sure if he's gonna be up to par for 2k.

are u using Co2 or manifold pressure for ur WG? and wat size spring are u using? go with a bigger spring if u want it to come on faster. but then u won't be able to control ur boost in the lower gears.

or if ur a roll racer ur gonna prob be in 3rd gear wen u start or maybe even 2nd. set ur AMS to make more boost in 2nd and 3rd gear. and wat gears are u using?

Whats the reasoning for this?

-D

Think about it, if you're doing a burnout, what you do? Hold the front brake. Granted you're not dumping the clutch when brake boosting, when you get high enough in the rpms it will eventually break the tire loose.

With using the rear you're mechanically holding the wheel back, adding more load on the engine thus helping spool. You also don't have to worry about locking up the front wheel at 60mph if you hit a low spot in the road doing so.

Oh no- Sad to hear about the wreck! Sucks man, I was looking forward to causing **** with our controversial tags.

@oz- Microtech, not sure about creating antilag like that.

@gnb- Manifold, 8psi base spring.

Think about it, if you're doing a burnout, what you do? Hold the front brake. Granted you're not dumping the clutch when brake boosting, when you get high enough in the rpms it will eventually break the tire loose.

With using the rear you're mechanically holding the wheel back, adding more load on the engine thus helping spool. You also don't have to worry about locking up the front wheel at 60mph if you hit a low spot in the road doing so.

Ah, the obvious is the reasoning!

Thanks!

-D

You could do it with a combo of flashing for your ignition retard and flashing or microtech for your extra fuel
Sportbikerider has done more of this sort of thing then me , long time since i drag raced ,i only tried antilag a few times and did not have a good enough clutch setup to make use of the power

You could do it with a combo of flashing for your ignition retard and flashing or microtech for your extra fuel
Sportbikerider has done more of this sort of thing then me , long time since i drag raced ,i only tried antilag a few times and did not have a good enough clutch setup to make use of the power

He's talking about roll racing.

ok i missed that ;) that makes it harder to anti lag with a piggyback ,usually avoided nos and boost but i can see the advantages in rollon ,

Back