Small plug inside the nose?  12V ok to use?

DNGrumpy

Sometimes Dopey fits too
Donating Member
Registered
I want to add power to the dash for my GPS. Does anyone know if there is enough there without causing issues elsewhere?

It's the little two wire unused plug the hangs by the right blinker in the nose.

Thanx, Dave

i use it for my radar detector and it has worked fine with no problems, just put an inline fuse and you should be good!

I ran a new set of power lines up to the front of the bike with inline fuses.  That way I can just tie into those lines when needed.

I think I know the ones you are talking about... brown/white?
rock.gif
 There is a factory 12v source up there according to the tech manual but I just ran my own to make sure I could put the fuse and trouble shoot if necessary..... I had no fuggin idea where that wire went
blush.gif

<!--EDIT|zukracer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136859356 -->

FYI.........................

If you have any alarm that runs off the tail light wires for power (scorpio etc), that is the same brown wire. Certain items ran off it can cause intermitten problems with the alarms. Especially if you have a euro switch to turn off the headlights/running lights. Your killing the alarm as well.

Just an FYI.
JD

When I first saw that wire hanging there unplugged I thought to myself , What Now !! And Why is everything still working ?

hmm, I knew I ran new wires for some reason
cool.gif
laugh.gif

Thanks for the info Ice!

Back