Small clunking noise

oeballer50

Registered
I recently had a new rear tire put on and now I have a clunking noise when I take off slow in first gear, I can feel it in the pegs and can hear it also any ideas??

The most common mistake we see from other shops - when everything else looks right on the outside - is that they mis-place and consequently leave out the spacer that goes between the sprocket carrier and the wheel itself . . . :whistle:

Could be the chain may be too tight also or not aligned properly. Either way something is a miss and should be checked out.

Thanks guys I'll take a look when I get out of work, I'm not very mechanically inclined if ya know what I mean though :cry:

Someone throw up an exploded view of the rear wheel and parts. On the chain the blocks should be adjusted identical on both sides. Very easy. Throw the questions up we love it.

sounds funny but also check the "brake pads" lightly press the rear brake pedal just enuff to take any slop out but not actually brake. Mine were clanking around one time. Drove me nuts to find it.

How many miles the bike done ?
how long had you had it before you noticed the noise and when you rock the bike back and forth in 1st with clutch out do you notice more back and forth movement than usual before the cogs mesh.

My 2011 busa has been doing it since day 1 when i first got her home, it sound like the slack of the chain being taken up but i have checked the tightness of the chain and the alignment, all are good. It has around 25000 miles on it now.

Back