Small air box mod question

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Ok,
The valve at the bottom of the air box. You twist it, it comes out.

Can you cut the flapper to shape and epoxy it over that hole where the valve was?

Trying to accomplish this as we speak.

Rapid replies appreciated.

Don

Don - Yes, that is what I did...turned out great
smile.gif

Hmm, I guess its been so long since I did the Mod I forget what solenoid your talking about. I sealed everything except the drain valve in the front of the box, and obviously leave the sensor (The green thing) attached to the box...everything else I sealed up or gutted.

Yes it can come out. I used hi temp silicon to hold cut flapper here.

P5240045.JPG

Got mine done. I cut a circle out of the flap like you did, but I pulled the rubber plug out. I used some of the plastic shavings from the mod to fill that hole then used my little heat shriink torch to melt and bond it. Then I sanded my disk down smooth, used epoxy and filled the whole disk in so now there is about 1/4" solid epoxy on top of the disk.

06 Busa did you just cut and plug the vacuum line that went to that valve?

Don

Sorry dont remember. I did plug a few lines, I took the pair valve off at the same time. Did PCIII and full pipe same time.

I pulled the rubber plug out.  I used some of the plastic shavings from the mod to fill that hole then used my little heat shriink torch to melt and bond it.  Then I sanded my disk down smooth, used epoxy and filled the whole disk in so now there is about 1/4" solid epoxy on top of the disk.  
That's cool. Just sounds like alot of extra work. I was in a hurry. Baby was home with me and I got it all done over 2 days during her nap's.

I left the valve at the bottom of the air box and siliconed it in and just capped the port, Traced the vacuum lines all the way back and removed them also. After talking with the Mr. Johnny cheese I even ended up removing the solenoid it was hook up to which is called VCSV, he said remove it and chuck it….lol, then I would have an extra 12v source but if I hooked up something big he said to bump the fuse up a little.

I thought this would be an easy mod, but reading this thread I know find myself very hesitant to perform it.

Small air box mod??? Hell, I don't even know what that is.

Well...?

SO....by reading what is mentioned about the valve body, hoses and VSCV.....this photo illustrates what 'can be done?

airintakecontrolvalve-1.jpg

<!--EDIT|BusaCruise
Reason for Edit: None given...|1157242689 -->

Back