slipper clutch

hayabusapowered

Registered
Question:

I am building a new A-Modified car for autocross that will be MC engine powered, R1 or busa. The question is: What model years of the busa motor come with a slipper clutch, or did they all come with one? If they all don't have it, what kind of $ am I looking at to add one?

Thanks in advance,

John

Question:

I am building a new A-Modified car for autocross that will be MC engine powered, R1 or busa.  The question is:  What model years of the busa motor come with a slipper clutch, or did they all come with one?  If they all don't have it, what kind of $ am I looking at to add one?

Thanks in advance,

John
If it helps, they all come with a clutch that is designed to slip if too much much torque from the rear wheel is transmitted to the engine (stopping the rear wheel locking), although some people say it's not a slipper clutch.

It's the part labelled 5 on the attached fiche.

Steve

F2_Clutch.gif

If you want a slipper clutch contact me.Sheynop will tell you about it,he has done alot of research and it is like the k5 one.Daniel 503-381-8187

<!--EDIT|GoldenChild
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128204184 -->

Whoa, I'm confused!  What's the difference between a slipper clutch and a slider clutch?  I thought the Gixxr 1K just debuted the slipper clutch this year.  Not true?  With the idea being if you bang down through too many gears going into a corner and dump the clutch, the clutch plates were designed to "slip" a bit so the rear wheel wouldn't lock up and highside the rider.  Or do I have this all wrong?      
blush.gif

Slider clutch comes in at a certain rpm. No clutch lever. It's works off arms with weights on them. As the basket spins faster the arms start to come in and the arms push the pressure plate in causing the clutch to lock up. Totally different than a lockup. MTC makes both. I run a lockup on my dragbike now and may go to a slider next year.

The new 1000's and the Busa(all years) both use what is called a back torque limiter clutch setup AKA "slipper clutch"

Back