Slipper clutch

POSR

Registered
Does anyone use a slipper clutch for street use? How well does it hold up? Or is that one of those race only things that is a real stick-in-the-eye and you don't really wanna do it.

A lot of the newer sport are stock with a slipper clutch. I have one one my GSXR 750. They are great on the track, allowing you to down shift way earlier without spining the rear tire and bliping the throttle. Here is a little more info, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slipper_clutch. I'm not an expert on the slipper clutch, but I have 2800 miles on my GSXR (mostly track miles) with no issues. I also ride it on the street and there have been no problems. Not sure about longevity, I guess time will tell.

It saves your clutch plates, it is streetable because it is sold on the track bikes and we all know most of those bikes never even see a track.

The Busa has a back torque limiter which is sorta like a slipper clutch, but not as effective as aftermarket slipper clutches.

If you downshift into high rpms when heavy on the brakes, aftermarket slipper clutches are a big help to keep the bike stable. But they are not cheap.

Honestly you don't need one for street use. But if you do trackdays and have the money, its worth it.

The Busa has a back torque limiter which is sorta like a slipper clutch, but not as effective as aftermarket slipper clutches.

If you downshift into high rpms when heavy on the brakes, aftermarket slipper clutches are a big help to keep the bike stable.  But they are not cheap.

Honestly you don't need one for street use.  But if you do trackdays and have the money, its worth it.
+1

I do like slippers for the street, and lock-ups for the drags.

Back