Sledhead I got a new sled

race24x

Registered
Hey guy we didnt get to go for a ride this year but I bought a new sled to ride anyway. I bought an 03 RX-1 shorty I love the 4 stroke pull and it has a motorcycle type engine. Maybe before season is gone we can get a ride in.

So where are the pictures of it?
rock.gif

Great ski! I've never ridden one, but I want too. I live in the snow belt, but we don't have enough constant snow for anyone to buy snowmobiles. Have fun with it!

You suck, just kidding. I have a 97 Arctic Cat EXT 600 and a 2000 ZR600 and have hardly put any miles on either of them. I think you made a wise purchase with the Yamaha. I had a 92 Yamaha 540 that did 120mph and I loved it. It had zero suspension but I could keep up with anyone for at least an hour.

Wish we had more snow in Minnesota, this weather sucks.

Hey Race...............sorry I missed the thread. Schweet machine man!! Now pipe that sucker and call Bender and order up a turbo!!!!! HOw's it handle? I know yamaha was talking centralized mass and it doesn't ride as heavy as it really is........have ya got it stuck yet?
rock.gif
? I heard one with a Bender pipe and it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up!

Hey guys thanks. We are getting some more snow here too. Just when I thought it was over. LOL. Hey Sled I am going with the ECP filter kit which is basically a stage 3 K&N jet kit and probably a clutch kit from the speed shop. I am on a RX 1 forum too and thats what most of the guys are running. So far I love the 4 stroke power plant lots of power ran 127 on the dream meter (probably 117 or so). It does drive lighter than it is but I would have gotten the one with revers 20/20 hindsight. Its a bear if you have to pick it up and move it. OK for the dislikes. I have not been able to dial in the rear suspension to my liking. It is better than it was when I got it but still not plush. There are some fixes for the inside ski lift and when you do them it is great but before them not so good lifts ski like crazy. Other than that it is fast and quiet powerful.

2 of my buddies just snow checked the new MachZ 1000's SDI I cant wait to see how they go. As much trouble as Skidoo has had with SDI and there 800 twins blowing up I dont think I would go there but man I bet they really scream. I hope they have good luck nothing worse than buying a sled that is in the shop or blowing up more than it is ridden. I have a warranty until 2007 unlimited miles so far (knock on wood) I have not had a real issue.

Back