Slabby Replica Fairing Kit For Busa?

brosa

Registered
Hello busa folk. First post here. I dont have a busa quite yet but I came here to discuss them. I have had 3 bandit 12s and a handful of slingshots and slabbies both 750s and 1100s. And a few blades as well. Grew up on dirt bikes and quads. Raced motocross a few years. I like motorcycles. Oh and also I have an 85 EFE

Anyway I'm looking for help at least finding the photo again. I figured it would be easy enough to find again and never saved it., And also if this is a kit does anybody know where can I buy it?... It was a hayabusa but with dual round headlights and old school trapezoid taillight. It was like a modernized slabby (on steroids)with twin spar frame.

My apologies. I thought that was sarcasm at first. I realize it may have been genuine and not meant as mockery. Sorry about that. But no I'm 33. Frankly cannot stand the way new bikes look.

I wish they could release classic edition gsxrs and ninjas with dual rounds and badass old school trapezoid slabby and ninja rectangle taillights. Or somebody would develop such fairing kits aftermarket. Classic edition blade. They still pop out of gear and everything!

Sorry again guy. I feel like an ass. I had pictured in my head some (younger than me) punk saying "thats cool if you're all old and poop". But no you were probably just being nice and I just threw it back in your face. I'm good for that sometimes. Misunderstanding.

Last edited:
Welcome to the club! We're all sugarbritches here, that's why no one answered your post. Lol! I understand your love of old bikes, we all think fondly of them. But there are not many bikes that are as beautiful as the Panigale, BMW HP4 R, or the M1. Even bike designers themselves will acknowledge modern bikes express speed better than the best of their ancestors. There is of course a charm associated with older bikes, but I hated carbs in the late 70's and I still hate them. Remember going to school smelling like gas & oil?

Love it. I love jetting them and rebuilding them and experimenting with stacks and changing worn out emulsion tubes. Chasing down whole spare carbs and parts bikes just to keep mine going. It's great! Also I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. (panigale, bmw, all that newfangled gobbldygook)

No but I would own a busa if I could find that kit for sale. the fairing kit would be the first thing I buy then find a hayabusa.

image.jpeg
Welcome to the club! We're all sugarbritches here, that's why no one answered your post. Lol! I understand your love of old bikes, we all think fondly of them. But there are not many bikes that are as beautiful as the Panigale, BMW HP4 R, or the M1. Even bike designers themselves will acknowledge modern bikes express speed better than the best of their ancestors. There is of course a charm associated with older bikes, but I hated carbs in the late 70's and I still hate them. Remember going to school smelling like gas & oil?

You don't like carbs? I have six of them!

Yes slabby. slabside. original gsxr1100.

http://tenwheel.com/imgs/a/c/g/s/x/suzuki_1986_gsx___r_1100_2_lgw.jpg

http://tenwheel.com/imgs/a/c/g/s/x/suzuki_1986_gsx___r_1100_1_lgw.jpg

http://me-moto.com/uploads/postfotos/1988-suzuki-gsx-r-1100-j-1987-1986-2.JPG

those 3 all have wheel swaps because thats when they look best afterall...

http://raresportbikesforsale.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/GSXR1100-3-730x547.jpg

https://assets.shannons.com.au/TUB2...pg/585x438x1/vehicle/1989-suzuki-gsxr1100.jpg

Also the front of the 2nd gen gsxr is similar with the dual rounds ^ . but could perhaps be more adaptible to fit the proportions of the busa.

I just think they look raw as good time. mans bike.

Last edited:
No worries, I was being serious. I love the 86-88s. Had a red/blue one a bit ago. So light and so twitchy. They were a huge leap forward. I would love to see a tribute bodywork package.
I have a turbo gs 1100 and a turbo Busa. I've often felt like I need an 86 to fill in the gap.
I literally just watched a video of a gsxr 1100 doing 260+ at a land speed event. Bad ass bikes, now I want one again...dammit.

Only one on Craigslist at the moment. Super expensive museum quality piece. I see them from time to time on dragbike forums.
There was a local guy at Pacific Raceways that would woop ass road racing on modern liter bikes on a regular basis. They are VERY capable bikes in the right hands.
If anyone can find the slabby plastics/Busa bodywork...I'd love to see it.

Yea I have regular 89 fairings in my garage. But I'm not gonna try to "adapt" them. This needs to be made for the busa if it's not gonna look like a poop show. I did see the one. Somebody did this already once I swear. It was most definitely a bit of custom plastic though. It wasn't just old gsxr bodywork.

Only one on Craigslist at the moment. Super expensive museum quality piece. I see them from time to time on dragbike forums.
There was a local guy at Pacific Raceways that would woop ass road racing on modern liter bikes on a regular basis. They are VERY capable bikes in the right hands.
If anyone can find the slabby plastics/Busa bodywork...I'd love to see it.
yea those people asking 10,000 dollars are asshats. I flag people's ads if they're being ridiculous. 4,000 should be the sweet spot for undented low mileage original and rideable. if it's a little chipped up down from there and if it's really super nice 4,500 or 5000

Back