Fake (not Oem) Fairing Kit

neoBusa

Registered
Gents, unfortunately my Busa and I went down. Left fairing badly damaged. Thankfully I'm ok with minor bruises.

New oem will be pricey. A FULL replica will cost 1/3 price of just a side fairing. Any tried those aftermarket Chinese plastics? How do they fit? How do they look? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Tx

Sorry to hear about your crash. Glad you made it out ok. As far as fairings go, I went the eBay OEM used route. If you do some research you'll find that, pretty much every review goes like this: "great fairings! The "only" problem is that the bolt kit is garbage, there is dirt in the clear coat, one fairing is cracked and nose has a gap." :dunno:Lol

They are real cheap and if you don't mind the imperfections, is better than riding around with a scratched, cracked fairings.

Edit:
type this on eBay:" suzuki hayabusa generation II fairings, cowl and front fender" and you'll see a guy selling a full set in your color. Everything is rashed, but the left is in good shape. Looks like he laid it on the right side.

Last edited:
glad you didn't get too banged up in the get-off...you get what you pay for, how much can you tolerate? i've heard lots of horror stories but also seen people who were fine with what they received :beerchug:

Auctmarts has decent(for chinese that is)plastics. They're a vendor on my GSXR forum and the 600 guys(they crash the most smh)seem to be happy with their fairings. Do a google

As others said OEM, mines Chinese and it has brittle tabs and alignment issues, I don't know what outfit they're from, easiest to see is side fairing to nose cone fit its about a 2.5mm gap.
I raised concerns to the dealer about the mismatch and to his credit I have a complete OEM set in my garage.
Thing is I like the colours of the Chinese Junk and im considering painting the originals to match.
20151124_124122.jpg
20160119_192750.jpg
20151124_124022.jpg

What you cant see is the pita misfit of the black inner panels that join the painted outers (that don't have heat shields) the pushpins are few between and replaced with good ol cable ties. Everything needs tweaking aligning
checking monthly...:mad:

As others said OEM, mines Chinese and it has brittle tabs and alignment issues, I don't know what outfit they're from, easiest to see is side fairing to nose cone fit its about a 2.5mm gap.
I raised concerns to the dealer about the mismatch and to his credit I have a complete OEM set in my garage.
Thing is I like the colours of the Chinese Junk and im considering painting the originals to match.
View attachment 390592 View attachment 390593 View attachment 390594

She's a beauty!

Guys, thanks for the feedback. So I decided to go with the aftermarket, just because now is not the right time for me to pay a bigger price tag. I of course would prefer OEM. I was about to venture into ordering a new color scheme altogether, but too attached to the stock colors on my K9 white.

I'll let you know how that goes.

Honestly, I'd troll the forums for used OEM plastics. Lots of guys on the race forums swap OEMs for aftermarket race fairings and have the OEM ones sitting around. You can cover the tank with a full tank bra in black.

Or you can wait around for a used left-side fairing on eBay or something.

Ok so got the Chinese fairing. At first glance they looked great, good packaging, nice color. Come close and you start noticing the irregularities. Try to install and that's when you know you F$&cked up. I'm now trying to get my money back. Ordered OEM from Suzuki.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Reactions: c10
Auctmarts has decent (for Chinese that is) plastics.

They're a vendor on my GSXR forum and the 600 guys (they crash the most smh) seem to be happy with their fairings.

Do a google search.

maxresdefault.jpg

Added 220 MPH gauge faces to my Gen 1 already ~ and plan to mount up these Chinese fairing real soon . . .

I want to thank you so much for posting the outcome . I had a parking lot tip over , and damaged left side parts , but not bad . It has been a coin toss OEM or Chinese . Sorry for your troubles , but you helped me decide what way to go .

I have used Auctmart twice in the last two years and I'll say that figment is not 100%, but it works. The fairing are made to fit really tight. They are a little thinker than EOM, so they seem harder t fit correctly.

Back