skydive near miss video

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
something you do NOT want to see [experience] while skydiving.
if you play back in slo-mo, you can see the tail on the lower right.
note to potential, insterested skydivers: this would be an exceedingly RARE circumstance as all skydive airports require radio clearance

near miss

wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif

He's gonna have to check his shorts when he gets to the ground
sad.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!

wtf are you jumping over the airport for?
rock.gif

that's not MY video, thank God!
smile.gif
Skydive Airstrips are were you jump. Plane go up, you come down.
smile.gif
That aircraft should have checked his charts, called in his position on proper frequency, and been told to route around falling objects

smile.gif

I watched that and was like big deal...there was a plane in the distance.

Then I re-read your post.....tail in the bottom right.

I was like, huh, the plane was on the top left.....then it hit me, and I was like holy crap!!!

gotta figure falling strait down vertically at 120 MPH, plane going at LEAST that horizontally, had to be close for the visual he filmed! I think the sound cut out as he went thru the planes wind wash..... er... whatever it's called

its called jet wash.....

if its a propeller plane..... called prop wash
smile.gif

I know this cuz my uncle is a leer jet pilot for principal financial in DM. and My other uncle and grandfather both fly
smile.gif

smile.gif

and why is it called WASH when no water is involved? ? ?

isn't winter long?

Dayum!
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif

They're actually called: Wingtip vortexes. They can last for at least a mile behind large jets, but spread outward and down as they dissipate.

The should have been listening to the ATIS reports which would have given him the NOTAM's (Notice to Airmen) and informed him of the skydivers. Either way, someone wasn't communicating what they were doing.

wow.gif

wow.gif

I had to watch it several times to find the frame...THAT'S scary...there's yet another reason I'll never skydive...thanks WWJD!
tounge.gif

well, that is not a NORMAL thing. it's as rare as say having a heartattack in teh air or forgetting to pull your ripcord. not rare enough to get on film? ? consider how many filming skydivers are out there. TONS. I think 1 camera for every 5 jumpers.. tons of footage, so a rare occurance gets caught on tape
smile.gif

skydiving is the most amazing thing I have ever experienced. TOTAL blast! I'd be pro now but I quit before addiction hit, and it was not as easily accessable as cycling. so there ya go.

I'll fly a plane, but there's no way in heck I'm jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.
cool.gif

If the engine quits, then I can glide to a somewhat controlled landing...If the parachute doesn't open, you're done.
wink.gif

hehehehehe. I probably would not have jumped until after I heard about all the cool technology involved. if your chute don't open, you pull your reserve or backup chute. everyone gets one. and there's a computer that cuts your ripcord if you black out and it detects horizontal and vertical rates along with altitude and WILL launch your chute for you. again required for new jumpers. strk, did you know that while outside a plane you are considered a craft in the sky exactly like another airplane according to FAA? Man, now I'm exciting myself. Ever since then on commercial jets, I gaze out the window and think what two minutes of free fall wold be like at 35,000 feet, or what it would be lik eto jump from that little Exit door over the wing, or where there's a tree or a lake I could air toward should the plane explode and I need to "fly" to a landing. Ok, now I'm probably spooking people

The new square parachutes are tons better than the old round crap. you can steer them really well, like a glider, and land VERY softly. Just like cycling, it's ALL about safety, you know your gear, your limits, check all surrounding skys ALWAYS, plan your jump and landing. Anyway, it's the most amazing rush EVER..... hanging on the OUTSIDE of an airplane like it's the back of your buddies jeep, 2 miles, up, 90mph wind, then just letting go.... aaaaaaahhhhh.. not AAHHHHH!!! very freeing

these are not smiles of fear

Last edited by a moderator:
Back