single stage lock up clutch

What hand slider do you have? Is it hard to make adjustments and get dialed in? 1.31 is something to be proud of. If you left like that on me i would probably burn up trying to catch you. Nooo he's getting away.....hit the button.......rev limiter
I have the Rock Solid Evo clutch. The MTC Gen-2 gets lots of good reviews and is easier to get. Adjustments are easy, the hard part is figuring out what to do. Nobody could give me any concrete answers as to what changing a spring vs a weight would do. I have it basically figured out now, but have not optimized my setup yet.

Not so good. It will slip if the rpms drop too much. Maybe that is OK but I just abort the run. Never had that happen in competition.

My dragbike is a TracDynamics T4 prostock chassis. 70" W.B. 1.28 with the flow valve on a hand clutch. For bracket racing I mostly have run a MTC slider clutch.
Flow control must work ok. I won the NHRA div.V national open last month using it.

Well, so far tuning this single or two stage or wtf they call it MTC is not so easy. Went from bogging on the line launching at 6 maybe 6.5k and it would bog down bad to like 2k (not riding the lever, ditching it quick but not throwing it) resulting in a 2.02 60' (sigh). That was with the heavy springs it came with. I put the stock blue paint springs in there, so much less resistance and damn near cooked a clutch. In fact, in 3 launches, throwing the lever, the thing just sat there and revved and I couldnt tell if the tire was spinning or not. Didnt have anyone who could watch me and it wasnt the track so I dont know if it was spinning, 10k at 40%TPS. EIther way, that was worse than the heavy springs. Step 3, add shims or "static" I think that is what they mean? To the blue springs. Hell, is there any springs in between the ones that come with the kit and the blue paint ones?

Update: thumbs up for MTC. Left a message earlier with the tech and Kevin called me back about an hour later. Eric the owner is totally cool, talked to him as well. Kevin told me what I did wrong, got me hooked up with the springs I need and also gave me some recommendations based on my weight/bike/hp to start with. The springs are not like the arms. You don't have to have them all in or the same weight, I didn't know that. The light springs are 30lbs static and the HD ones that come with the kit are 46. Using the shims to compensate, you can get pretty damn close to the static that you need. He recommended I try all 6 light springs, no shims, and then said I would probably want to even remove 2 and use a few shims in the remaining 4. I appreciate a biz that helps you like that. Once I get this thing dialed in, I don't see that I would need to change it that drastically unless maybe I did a sprocket change.

I'm curious to see if you actually can do much with tuning. I know there is a lot of tuning you can do .... but what effect do you get. On my Rock by far the biggest factor is gearing. Second factor is power. I hardly notice difference in tune on the clutch.

I rode a 1st gen 1441 busa with a single stage lockup and it worked alright. Just throwing the lever, it would bite pretty hard on the hit, but then would slip like it should. It could have been a little better for my weight, but it wasn't my bike. It was about 66 inches, going 1.36-1.38 60's with me on it.

I think the biggest thing for me will be to be able to launch at boost without chaos. Its springs shims and lbs and math. I started with the 45# HD springs, all 6 which is 270#. Bogged from 6.5k down to 2k off the line (not throwing the lever) but almost and had a 2.02 60'. So I didn't know any better and the HD springs which come with the kit, using all of them keeps you from spending clutch plate around town. But for the track, Kevin told me to try 4 light springs and a couple .025 shims. 6 light springs is 180", he said he kind of thinks 180 is too much for most, said try around 150#. Between Eric and Kevin, they both gave me some great knowledge. Of course a single stage isn't going to help the 300+hp bike which needs the extra stages. Id like to get my dad to get a vid camera and a road. No it isn't the track but the last time I went to the track I got 2 passes in in 5 hours. Too many big events coming up, street nationals and stuff. Guys are working hard and blowing **** up.

If I get this figured out and I will, I will help anybody with the MTC. I am not worried about the arms and weight. That might be an issue for guys with big big boost but kevin said that changing weight on the arms doesn't change the distance on the track that the arms engage, but the clamping force that they put on. He said on a multistage, the arms and weights are a big deal. A whole nother tuning element.

Met with Eric of MTC who lives local to me and got the lighter springs. Put all 6 in and took for a launch but it was a back road, not the track. It didnt bog so bad, almost kind of kept the rpms constant with increasing throttle (6k from clutch in launch to not a throw but almost) and up to about 80%TPS in 10 feet and then I went WOT and the tire broke loose and tach'd out. I may take one spring out and try it again. It is possible, feels almost like you could street drive with all 6 light springs in there, just not sure if the clutch would wear. You would need to drop the lever quick at every stoplight. 30# static per light spring, 45# per HD spring. You can take springs out and put shims (1-2# or 2-3# with thicker shims) to fine tune even better. I dont know. Will be putting the shinko at 10psi on the 1/8th mile this weekend. See how 5 springs does. If I wheelie or lose traction right off the bat with the hook up at 10psi, I will have to add that 6th spring.

Back