Single sided exhaust or dual exhaust?

C6amar9O

Registered
Hello all, just came into a bit of $ and thinking about upgrading the exhaust, I was looking at a full Yosh R77 set (not too sold on it yet) and I'm wondering whether to stick with dual exhaust or single sided. My question is does it affect HP? other than aesthetics does it make a difference? Will I have to tune or re-map my CPU?
as always thank you for your expertise......:bowdown:

I'm a fan of duals on the Busa. Its a big bike and looks funny with the left side exposed..

D60_080411_3064.JPG

Which year? The tails of the two Gens look very different.

Single on the Gen-I looks awesome!

Dsc04615_gopro.jpg

Img_0951.jpg

But then again, the R77 on the Gen-II look great too.

DSC05015.jpg

This is kind of like asking about oil. :laugh:

Dsc04615_gopro.jpg

Img_0951.jpg

DSC05015.jpg

Regardless of the HP/TQ difference, buy what you like because IMHO, this is what matters most. I also prefer the DUAL look and will gladly (and willingly) give up any promised power gain with a full 4-2-1.

good enuff for me, I agree on a gen 1, single side looks good, dual on a gen 2. I can't see much of a power diff between the 2.

1) What you like

2) The only advantages I know of is a weight difference
2a) Chain and Tire Maintenance, etc.

3) Is there a cost difference ? I don't know

I love my single sided exhaust, if I had the money I'd be running dump pipes :laugh:

IMHO you won't need a tune with the exhaust mentioned on a Gen II. From memory that system has a bung for the O2 and the Gen II ECU can keep up with meager gains.

Not gonna ask what you're looking for in an exhaust or rather what you want out of an exhaust. But you really need to do your homework based on what you want. Most manufactures put their dyno sheets or specs out there and whatever you do don't listen to the BS claims you'll see in a minute

Full front to back dual system average 2-3 more HP than single full sytems but the weight offsets it. 10# roughly equates.to one mph of gained speed.

You know your bike is your mistress, so make her look to suit your preference. Personally I go for the slim,tight & clean look. And with the Brock's, well let's just say she is very vocal and let's all the neighbors know when she is wound up. :laugh:

IMG_1741.jpg

i have the hotbodies.....loud and sounds really good, but not so loud the guy behind you is going deaf.

had the same on my 08 loved them. picked up a fresh stock 2011 debating now. I want to get the full brocks alien head but am going to miss the dual look. also everyone I called is out of the alien head full in stainless steel. :banghead:

If you want to be able to say "I got this system or that system and gained +-10-15 HP" then get a full system. If you want better looks and sound get slipons.

Unless you are serious about track days, drag racing or land speed you will not be able to tell the difference or use the power it has now.

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Man, I though I knew what I wanted but now not so sure. I bet I'll be going back and forth with this till the day I get to order them. thank you all for your input, good ideas for both. So no real power difference, go for what looks/sounds good to me and no tuning issues.

had the same on my 08 loved them. picked up a fresh stock 2011 debating now. I want to get the full brocks alien head but am going to miss the dual look. also everyone I called is out of the alien head full in stainless steel. :banghead:

I logged into my brock's dealer account and shows 5 in the 14 " and 5 in the 20" muffler on the shelf..

Back