Silly question : On installing Busa engine

busanostra

Registered
I am putting a Busa engine in a Golf Kart - My oil pan is the low profile. Can I install the engine 90 degrees - straight up
(I mean the head straight up) Instead of the head in normal slant position installed in the bike chassis???

The second question: Can I delete my oil cooler (run without oil cooler) ???

Thank you folks !

I am putting a Busa engine in a Golf Kart - My oil pan is the low profile. Can I install the engine 90 degrees - straight up
(I mean the head straight up) Instead of the head in normal slant position installed in the bike chassis???

Thank you folks !
Hi. Yes you can run with the oil cooler or you can remote mount it. You can get an aftermarket 2 inch flat pan. Look on the site Powerhouse motorcycles in NY.

Thank you folks !
I am not quite sure about engine position but yeah you can omit engine cooler, nothing will happen just your battery will be smashed soon and your engine would get exhausted bit after.....Obviously NO, engine cooler is always essential.

We delete the oil cooler all the time on these bikes with no issues, just make sure if u do, you remove the restrictor plug behind the oil filter.

If u run a dry dump oil system u can mount the engine at a different angle than normal.

Where’s the pictures?

Back