Signal mirrors

Nogster

Registered
Has anyone got any ideas/pictures of signal mirror mods for the Busa? It seems some people mount the GSXR 1000 mirrors, but I still haven't seen any pics.

I want to put extra running lights where the signals are originally, to give the cage drivers one less excuse to run me over...

(I know it's fairly controversial whether or not these mods are a good idea or not in the first place, but great if we can focus on how best to do it)

I've spent hours searching, and all I can seem to find is pics of the 1k mirrors without the inbuilt signal. Tried terms like "1k", "gsx*", "gixxer", and "signal mirrors" but no luck...

PM "Sangai" for pics of the mod he sells for the mirrors. Very nice product and a good guy!

02-04 GSXR1000 mirrors on a busa

post-6-33852-117_1721.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
(Nogster @ Nov. 01 2006,03:20) I've spent hours searching, and all I can seem to find is pics of the 1k mirrors without the inbuilt signal. Tried terms like "1k", "gsx*", "gixxer", and "signal mirrors" but no luck...
I haven't seen anyone do the mod with the 06 mirrors ( the ones with the built in signal ) . Just the regular mirrors .  Sorry Bud .  
sad.gif

<marquee>Welcome to the Board !</marquee>

post-52-02136-welcome.gif

(Warputer @ Nov. 01 2006,05:09)
I haven't seen anyone do the mod with the 06 mirrors ( the ones with the built in signal ) . Just the regular mirrors . Sorry Bud .
sad.gif

doesnt mean noone doing it
smile.gif
*hint* *hint*

My buddy put the 06 mirrors on his 05 gixxer. They look good, but a lot harder to mount than expected.

Sangai, thanks so much for the input and pictures in the PM! I wouldn't have thought of using the CBR1100XX mirrors, but that seemed to look pretty good as well. Does anyone have any input on whether the stems on those are long enough to avoid seeing too much of your elbows in the more touring oriented sitting position? Do they require much modification to attach?

With regards to using the Gixxer 1k signal mirrors (ie. 06 and newer), it seems to be a bit of a Yeti. Everybody's heard of it, but nobody's got the pics to prove it
smile.gif

Nogster, you willing to share the photos you got from Sangai ? or maybe Sangai will post them here.

I'm considering this mod too. Purchased aftermarket mirrors for the Gixxer but keep in mind the stock busa mirrors bolt into the fairing stay (steel frame under the upper fairing) so the mirrors don' t put the plastic fairing at risk. the Gixxer mirrors can't be installed in the holes where the stock Busa mirrors go. they have to be mounted into the top of the upper fairing. I'm thinking about a way to reinforce the mirrors inside the fairing to avoid worrying about the plastic.

anyone have ideas on how to reinforce inside the nose cowling ? I think the Gixxer mirrors would look good if I can get the mounting issues addressed.

Redliner

Here are the links to some other pics from Sangai:

Busapics7-23-05006.jpg

post-6-13872-2.2.jpg

Redliner100 please keep us posted on how you go with the mounting of those Gixxer mirrors. Would love to see how it could be done!
beerchug.gif

(Professor @ Nov. 01 2006,05:55)

02-04 GSXR1000 mirrors on a busa

post-6-33852-117_1721.jpg

]
geez..looks familar but I can't quite place it?

laugh.gif

(runeight @ Nov. 17 2006,08:34) geez..looks familar but I can't quite place it?

laugh.gif
You might need to look in your garage. Something might be missing!
wink.gif

can someone list a how to? I'm slated to buy some gsxr1000 mirrors but like these better

Back