Mirrors

Texan

Registered
Good evening,

Well, winter shows some signs of going away here in sunny (not) Scotland and I actualy have had the bike out on something less than treacherous roads lately. Getting an itch what needs scratching I guess.

Anyway, recently a very good mate of mine took the mirrors of his '04 GSXR and replaced them with mirrors from a '03 Mille. Not only did it get rid of the indicators on stalks up front and clean up the look of the bike, the mirrors are typically Italian swoopy (is that a word?) things that look the biz.

Trying to be a good member of the board, I did a search and looked through the mirror postings for something other than blanking off mirrors (not a great idea here unless you and whats-her-name Blair have something in common) or painting the existing mirrors.

Has anyone mounted anything other than stock mirrors out there and if so, got a pic?

Before someone answers, not going to do the TV thing in the dash. Already got a GPS there and I use it, a lot.

Thanks!

W

I have painted my stock mirrors custom Pearl Green with the rest of the bike.  I am thinking about having some custom stocks nade to connect to the bike though..  I am goiing to have them made at Radical Race works (link is on the site)  http://www.radicalraceworks.comas soon as I have a chance to talk to Haik from RRW's

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079219874 -->

Img02.jpg

I appreciate it and would love to see what you come up with. I guess the guy that etched the kanji in the mirror has something different but I am looking to do something other than the square mirror that is on there.

I had one of the first 12's to come out in the UK. The mirrors were a subject of debate, even here! While I am not going for the "Spock" look, I would love to do something different.

W

Has anyone mounted anything other than stock mirrors out there and if so, got a pic?
I remember a thread from last fall where some Canadian, might have been 'monsterspeedfreak', posted a picture of some inexpensive aftermarket mirrors, maybe lockhart, with a cf finish. If I remember correctly the stocks (sp?) may have been longer than normal which I like.

Nice I was going to have mine etched with the hayabusa kanji/and then have mirrors painted to match but have not got around to it. I have to save up the money to get it done. Plus I am putting chrome block off plates on there for now.

Warbaby,

Thanks for the post (all). I have purchased different carbon fibre bits from different suppliers in the past and have seen a difference in weave, texture and finish. Has anyone else had this problem?

I am keen on a set of CF inners but am a bit wary of the CF in the mirrors and the inners being a lot different. Not good after ponying up that kind of cash!

Might just go with the magic ones and have them painted as I do like them!

W

hmmm...anyone no how to convert Yen into US dollars???

Ahhh...nevermind, just saw the conversion thing at the bottom.

<!--EDIT|BlueBusa04
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079981978 -->

Back