Side stand switch?

Jose J Ortega

Registered
Hey guys,
I preassure wash the engine case two days ago. Same day I try to start the bike and won't crank. Fuel pump is priming( bike is in neutral) I hold the clutch in the side stand is up and try to start the bike and makes the noise when the battery is low and has no power.

With the side stand down, neutral and clutch in makes a clicking sound. Then it will start.

Yesterday it won't start later in the day I was able to start it fine, then I will do the same thing again.

Could bit be the side stand switch? I hold the clutch ?Thank you in advance

I have to sometimes kick my stand up and down to get mine to start. My fuel pump will prime and try to crank, then stop all of a sudden until I move the stand around a little. There’s a way to bypass it. It’s here in the forums somewhere I just haven’t done it yet.

Get a second pair of hands to to push the switch in all the way with you on the bike and in neutral with clutch lever squeezed and see if that helps. Might be switch isn’t getting pushed in all the way.

It is one of the best moisture displacing agents around. Wrap a rag around the area, hose it down and wipe away excess.

Right out of high school I had a job running loaders and forklifts in a very nasty, dusty environment. Every shift the forklifts would need to have the radiators pressure washed to keep em alive. We would hit the distributor and plugs with WD40 after, and it never failed to start right up.

It is one of the best moisture displacing agents around. Wrap a rag around the area, hose it down and wipe away excess.

Right out of high school I had a job running loaders and forklifts in a very nasty, dusty environment. Every shift the forklifts would need to have the radiators pressure washed to keep em alive. We would hit the distributor and plugs with WD40 after, and it never failed to start right up.

Good to know. And no issues attracting dust/grime? Thanks

Ok Guys... So process of elimination started I upgraded about 3 months ago the battery cables cables Positive/Ground with a 4W .

I check with a Voltimeter the Battery (12.7) from the Starter Relay connection (The connection that goes to the starter) while pressing the starting Bottom 12.7. I said let me go Old school Hitting the starter while tryin to started. The bike started I notice also that the ground wire got hot, I imagine that was because I try to started many times during the tests . Turn the bike off to let the cable cool down and won't start again not even hitting the starter. Do you think that I need to replace the starter ?

If yes Which good started OEM or a Which good aftermarket starter?

Last edited:
If is the starter I wanted to upgrade my starter case. I have all the brock upgrades (Pins/ case protector) for my 02 standard gearing. If I buy this can I upgraded with no issues?

Upgrade

Last edited:
Back