Bike won't start.. Help

Jose J Ortega

Registered
Hey guys,
All this started about a week a go that I change the oil and clean the the engine. After cleaning the bike bike started. Then I left and 4 hrs later I try to start it and will just click. Later it started I took it for a ride to dry up . Bike was running good , I turn it off and and dint turn on. After pushing the side stand switch and clutch won't start . Then it started. Check the battery in a auto part they say is good. Check the starter relay and is passing 12.5 when I hit the start bottom. To discard the started I did the k3 starter green label and the k3 starting system. I don't know what else to check. Thank in advance

Jose, if you are getting 12V at the starter when you hit the button, something is jammed. Take that top "cap" off your starter clutch housing and hit the starter button again to see if the starter motor itself spins. That will eliminate the starter relay as an issue . . .

Yikes - I meant to add TAKE THE IDLER GEAR OUT and then hit the starter button. Then the starter should turn free if the solenoid is working. Luckily, I was able to call the OP directly before he followed my partial directions above, and he knows what to do . . . :D

Yikes - I meant to add TAKE THE IDLER GEAR OUT and then hit the starter button. Then the starter should turn free if the solenoid is working. Luckily, I was able to call the OP directly before he followed my partial directions above, and he knows what to do . . . :D

Thanks Frank.... I took the idler Gear out and hot the starter button and doesn't turn. I just order the selenoid I will keep you updated.

Thanks Frank.... I took the idler Gear out and hot the starter button and doesn't turn. I just order the selenoid I will keep you updated.

Check one more thing before you do - put a check light or better yet, a volt meter on the starter terminal and hit that starter button one more time to see if voltage is actually even getting to the starter. Either that relay is bad or the starter itself . . .

Check one more thing before you do - put a check light or better yet, a volt meter on the starter terminal and hit that starter button one more time to see if voltage is actually even getting to the starter. Either that relay is bad or the starter itself . . .

To late I order it lol. But I will do that and also test the starter directly with the battery

Ok guys I check the starter giving direct power thru the battery and work. So I said let me see if I have a good ground. I remove the ground cable with a the old one cable and the bike started. So what I did was to add 2 ground to the starter now it start super fast. Thank you Frank and all of you for your help.

Back