Sick to my stomach...

s3ns4i

Registered
Well guys, i dont know how it happened but it did.. i bought my busa ( 2014) brand new with 0 miles in july of 2017. I just rolled 20k 2 days ago. Yesterday i did a pull with a buddy and white smoke everywhere. No noise, no ticking, just boom.. my buddies say i need a new motor just from looking at the front.. i have it at the shop waiting for them to break it down... i dont understand what happen and happy i didnt lay the bike down as oil was all over the place at 80mph.. i change the oil every 3k mikes and use full synthetic from Suzuki and take perfect care of it... really sick to my stomach..

Ive attached some of the pictures..

This happened right after i filled up with pump 89 from mobil..

20190725_095126.jpg

20190725_093751.jpg

20190725_095908.jpg

20190725_093753.jpg

Sorry to see that. That's properly gutting. If the bike has a service history, perhaps Suzuki will show some goodwill.

Reactions: pcs
That does suck, when that has happened to me I say good now a reason to build!.

I have read many thoughts on the extra stroke on the busa. Kind of like the old days of the 327 SBC vs the 350 SBC. Many people believe the shorter stroke is better. Just makes me go hmmmm

My sympathies. Also curious what went wrong. If convenient, can you follow up here and let us know?

Oh i plan to.. i wouldn't want anyone to go through this poop.. ill post up pics and everything. The motor guy at the shop was on vacation and supposed to be back Monday..

Thanks bro... im seriously still in shock.. im like my one friend has 67k on his.. no issue.. second havent done an oil change on his since 1980.. fine. Me.. take pristine care and boom at 20k
I guess even hayabusas have a lemon or Two, maybe? I know scar on Facebook has 230k
Miles or so on his.

Reactions: c10
That does suck, when that has happened to me I say good now a reason to build!.

I have read many thoughts on the extra stroke on the busa. Kind of like the old days of the 327 SBC vs the 350 SBC. Many people believe the shorter stroke is better. Just makes me go hmmmm
Just like the Cummins in the Ram trucks as well. People swear the 5.9 is better than the 6.7 and for a reason. Some stories out there about blown head gaskets due to the thinner cylinder walls and less surface contact, according to some owners.

White smoke usually beans broken head gasket. But does not explain the oil. Possibly so much antifreeze got into a cylinder it bent a rod
Just spit balling. Sorry about your luck
Talk nice to the dealer and Suzi and maybe they will be kind

By the looks of that and the position it's in, I would have to say it's a con rod let go and broken the crankcase.
We had another member post up pics recently of almost the exact same damage, same place in the oil gallery, a broken con rod.
Bad luck, hope it works out for you with the warranty at the Dealer, you never know, they may show mercy seeing as it's been looked after service-wise.

I’ll start by saying this. You filled it with 89. Gen 2s require premium fuel 91+. If you got a bad tank of fuel chances are it detonated and hammered the rod bearing out of it. Pretty rare on stock motor NA bikes, but I’ve seen it happen from time to time specially on bikes that just have a downloaded map for an aftermarket exhaust.

There had to be a flaw in the metal from the factory for this to happen, people have been flogging the crap out of Hayabusas ever since they existed and we don't hear of many stock ones going bang very often. The lower octane could have been a partial cause but don't know...

With the warranty being up for a year (?) I'd say Suzuki will do nothing other than charge you money for fixing it.

I’ll start by saying this. You filled it with 89. Gen 2s require premium fuel 91+. If you got a bad tank of fuel chances are it detonated and hammered the rod bearing out of it. Pretty rare on stock motor NA bikes, but I’ve seen it happen from time to time specially on bikes that just have a downloaded map for an aftermarket exhaust.

I used 89 because thats what the brocks map is and brocks told me to use.

Last edited:
Back